We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Sousse on Wednesday

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Sousse on Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I am going to Sousse on Wednesday and am traveling alone. The plan is to use Sousse as a base and explore Tunisia (El-Jem, Dougga, Tunis etc) via rail.

Does anyone have any tips on the rail network or is anyone traveling around the same time and would like company on a trip away?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Sousse on Wednesday

Going to Sousse May 23rd, do I need to take a jacket for evenings or is it still very warm at night

London
Level Contributor
8,260 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Sousse on Wednesday

Since the uprising the rail network has had reputation for train delays and occasional strikes - so best to have plan B ready in case of inconvenience - i.e. louage or coach. This is the link to the rail network and times - the english version has been under construction for years but you can work out train times in the french version.

http://www.sncft.com.tn/

Best to take light jacket for end of May, although with luck you wont need it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Sousse on Wednesday

Thanks Wanderin_star

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Sousse on Wednesday

Dougga is hard to get to.

It is really in the middle of nowhere.

I heard of people doing it bij louage. I would rent a car to see it or make a deal with a taxi touristique that can wait for you while you visit the site. You can easy spend a few hours their. Take some water with you and something to eat. Last time the little shop sold only ice cream and crisps.

5. Re: Going to Sousse on Wednesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 26, 2014