We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wiltshire
9 posts
Save Topic
Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Hi,

I am looking at Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef for August this year. Could anyone tell me which is the best or the two? I am travelling with 2 friends.

Many thanks

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Not much to choose between then I would say. There are three hotels in the Marahaba complex guests can visit all of them provided if its now A! that they are at the same hotel.Tour Khalef Is that now A! ? if so I would not stay there or any A! not good for the Local Economy ,keeps guests within the complex and do not want them to eat outside etc

Edited: 2:45 am, February 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Both are well rated on here. Both have all inclusive option.

My wife and other members of my family have stayed at the Khalef ( half board ,) Dont know if this option is still available

When they visited it was mainly German guests and the food choice reflected this. Although Tunisian dishes are served at every meal.

Recent reviews indicate lots of Russian and Eastern European visitors these days.

I cant comment on the M/Beach

.However reviews on here indicate its very popular.

We are going to Marhaba Salem later in the year.

Regards

Mick

I might add to Alfred's comment on All Inclusive

This option can be in most cases the cheapest way for families to visit Tunisia .Remove this option and the number of visitors would drop dramatically,in my view. Thats the way it is. Many wouldnt visit otherwise.

Most questions on this forum relate to AI hotels!!

The hotels do not keep you in the complex if you are an All Inclusive guest !!On the contrary. It would suit AI hoteliers. if lots of guests went out.

We are out and about most days when in Tunisia.

We certainly contribute to the local economy.

Bars, shops, cafes ,restaurants,cab drivers.(and spend a lot)

But we still choose AI option when booking hotel .Suits us

Edited: 4:32 am, February 13, 2013
Wiltshire
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Thank you very much for your comment!

Just a further quick question, is there much nightlife in the area?

Many thanks again

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Apart from the hotels own entertainment, if you walk to main road and turn left its probably a good 10 minute walk to some late night clubs. There are two upmarket coffee shops on other side of main road as you walk towards Sousse. Then bit further there is Bananas late night disco. Then you come to Salon complex which has restaurant/bars.

Just bit further is Tej Merhaba shopping complex with Rose and Crown English pub. Then bit further turn right and walk up to Tej Merhaba hotel and believe theres couple late night bars/restaurants. I have never been to Sousse in August but would imagine that time of year the bars/clubs will be fairly busy and plenty of people around.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Added to the list provided by Star

Younger members of staff at your hotel .like animation team will put you wise on whats the "in" place to go regarding clubs .

Do bear in mind many of these places are frequented by young Tunisian men more than tourists.

Dont get drunk in these places, if you are young girls on your own.

.Be safe

Mick

Edited: 5:29 am, February 13, 2013
Wiltshire
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Thank you I doubt we will venture out much but it's good to know :)

The travel agent is trying to get me to look t the tej marhaba - anyone got any info on this hotel and the beach it is near?

Many thanks again

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

Tej is not on the beach.

Although i think they have their own section of beach

You have cross a main road (and i mean a main road!)

Its a well liked hotel by regulars here who visit

I have been in it ,but not stayed there

I go to The Tej Shopping Centre regular when in town.

( its where The Rose and Crown pub is !!)

Of the 3 hotels you mention. Marhaba for me !

Good wishes

Mick

PS

Dont be worried about venturing out

Just use common sense you would anywhere.

Its a great City is Sousse

You have to visit the Medina a tleats if staying there :)

You will get lots of info in hotels.

Edited: 7:30 am, February 13, 2013
London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

The Tej has its own section of beach but you have to cross the main road to reach the beach. I would say Marhaba Beach probably the better hotel but Tej better location for nightlife and closer to Sousse centre. Marhaba Beach normally more expensive when I have checked prices, so really down to how much you want to pay.

durham england
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

i love the tour khalef its my favorite hotel in the whole of tunisia and i have been to a few the foods good the hotel is clean the staff are lovely its close to everything and yet also just far enough away i cant fault this hotel at all and i have travelled with children without children, i havent had a problem with too many germans or dutch we did however holiday there last year with the new york basketball players as they were staying there to do training, its a lovely lovely hotel but everyone is different what is one persons paradise is a not neccessarily someone elses,

10. Re: Marhaba Beach Hotel or Tour Khalef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014