We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marhaba Salem

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marhaba Salem

Hi

Just booked this hotel on the back of many reviews on here, I have a couple of questions if anyone could help please?

1) Many reviews mention there is no kettle, is this still the case, and if not, should I take a travel kettle or is there facilities in the room to boil a pan?!

2) Is there a supermarket in the complex or one close by? If so can you buy alcohol, I'm AI but it's always nice to relax on the balcony for an hour with a drink before heading out!

3) Is ice-cream part of the AI / can you buy it on-site?

4) We will require a cot, has anyone been provided one during their stay? The booking said cots are provided but can't see anyone mentioning it on the review?

No worries if you can;t answer them all, answers to any will be useful!

Thanks.

runcorn
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Marhaba Salem

We had room 205 and they had big balconies. Room 206 and 207 had adjoining rooms. I was there for new year and it was closing the following week for the work. There doing building work making the balconies bigger at the royal.

durham england
Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Marhaba Salem

you can buy alchohol in tunisia theres shops in sousse and port el kantoie, i have just booked this hotel to go on the 20 th feb and i have been advised theres still going to be some building work going on but i have emailed hotel just to find out for sure, i have never been to a hotel in tunisia yet were you get a kettle lol but the local coffee is normally really nice i cant wait :) even if its not going to be hot haha

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Marhaba Salem

Be interesting to know what the building work is for, let us know when you get a reply.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Marhaba Salem

A regular to the Forum was at the Salem last week or so.

Well not quite !..... She got moved to the Royal next door .

Salem renovations expected to be finished sometime during March 2013

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Marhaba Salem

Judging by the reviews, the hotel closed early January.

Its not renovation work after all. i am now told.

Just maintenance.

16. Re: Marhaba Salem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sousse