We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
373 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

I really struggled to find much information on trips in advance, so i hope this helps - these are the trips offered by Thomas Cook in November 2012 with adult prices (children half price).

Obviously some if these you could do more flexibly and cheaply under your own steam, with a bit of research.

Sahara Explorer - 2 days, El Djem amphitheatre, Matmata (star wars pit houses), riding camels on Sahara sand dunes, very nice hotel, salt lake, horse & buggy ride through date oasis, 4x4 drive into mountains & Chebika desert oasis, brief stop at Kairouan. 179TD + extra for camel riding.

Full days

Tunis medina, the amazing Bardo museum, roman ruins at Carthage & the pretty blue & white village of Sidi Bou Said - an easy way to see a lot in one day. 84TD

El Djem & Kairouan 72TD

Local market & vineyard 55TD

EL Djem & pirate ship 70TD

Dougga & Thuburbo Major roman sites 75TD

Half days

Sousse medina 20TD

Berber villages by jeep 75TD

Camel ride + horse & carriage ride 38TD

Friguia Park animal park 45TD

El Djem amphitheatre 45TD

Pirate ship boat trip 35TD

Aqua palace (PEK) 25TD

Catamaran trip 25TD

Evening events

Reps cabaret & drag act all inclusive 70TD

Alzahara sound & light show with meal & wine 70TD

African dream, animal park then meal with entertainment 70TD

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

go to UK tour operator for safe side

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
373 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

Yes, these are the fully insured trips booked with Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service is their local subsidiary, I believe).

To be honest, I didn't see evidence of any other operators offering trips in Sousse in November.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

the only trouble with the excursions is the price of the child places, i think they start about 2 years old, so think before you book, we think they are overpriced were food is offered,

Thomas Cook are the agents for the TTS so you are fully insured by them and TTS set the prices,

to work out the prices in sterling of the above list just half them, there is a low season and a high season price list, i think the above list is for the low season,

alan

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

This is fantastic thank you! I have been looking for a guide to thomas cooks excursions and i've also struggled to find anything.

Can i just ask where abouts you were staying? I have noticed that the excursions differ according to resorts from other travel operators.

Thanks,

Sky

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

we do all trpps ,on our own cutting out the middle man

lot cheaper

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

Some trip ideas and prices from T/Cook and Thomson

T/Cook prices may have changed a little since the time I found this list.

https:/…264867.pdf

thomsonexcursions.co.uk/search-excursions/TU…

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
373 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

These trips were all from Sousse (hence posted in Sousse forum!)

I do think that the prices can vary according to season, and this was the low season (November).

I also agree that there can sometimes be options to book trips locally at a cheaper price, but in November, we saw no evidence of these being offered anywhere we went, and we did get out and about in Sousse itself & the wider area. We did see a travel shop near the promenade which looked it might offer trips, but was closed when we were there.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

Many local tour/trip operators have a desk in the major resort hotels

So their is some choice other than TC and Thomson.

At the port in Sousse alongside the "Pirate boats" Guys have stands selling the boat trips .

You can haggle prices.

Some also offer other activities like quad bikes.

Another option If there are a group of you.

Hiring a white taxi (8 seats) for the day to explore is worth considering.

We do this frequently .

Example .....

We travelled to various places from Hammamet to Sousse and a number of places in between

9 hours we were away. 4 adults. It cost around 120 dinar total (we haggled)

We fed and watered the driver, although we didn't have too. Very modern and comfy cab too.

Stopped when and where we wanted

Driver even took us to places we didn't think off

Superb way to get around.

Edited: 3:59 am, April 08, 2013
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

Haha i see, i found this post through google so didn't realise. Still new to tripadvisor, sorry!

Kent
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip / excursion list Thomas Cook (Tunisia Travel Service)

I did the Medina Ramble and thought it was really good way to get around the Medina without being hassled by the shopkeepers!

They do one to the Atlas Mountains and you get to go to a water temple and other things its a full day at about 89TND each per adult but were put off it as it was a 0640 start and you didnt get back until around 2000 and was told that from Skanes (just up from Sousse so same timings) that the first leg of the trip was 4 1/2 hours on the coach then another hour to the next location then 1 1/2 hours to the next then back - it seemed too much travelling on a coach - but we now regret not doing it as it sounded great!

Get answers to your questions about Sousse