We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am travelling with my wife to this hotel in Sept on AI basis and am concerned over some of the reviews recently posted. i Have the following questions

1. is there only 1 bar you can get AI drinks from?

2. Is the indoor pool open?

3. Is the spa open?

4. How many of the restaurants are covered on the AI package?

Any other info/ comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Mike, I was at this hotel last month and the indoor pool/spa were not open and from what I could see they didn't look they would be ready to open in the very near future. I did not stay AI but yes there is 1 bar to queue at for drinks for AI.

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Same as Jane, I have never stayed there AI only HB. If same as last year as Jane stated only one bar to queue for AI drinks. Indoor pool and spa certainly will not be open anytime soon. Best of my knowledge just main restaurant for AI the same as HB guests.

The hotel only offers part AI during summer period, low season it is only HB. I like the hotel and stay there many times but only HB basis.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

You will not miss the inside pool because it will warm enough to swim outside in the lovely gardenpool or in the sea...

On the beach you can get also free drinks if your are AI.

I read in one of the reviews that you can eat in the main restaurant or in the restaurant next to pool if you are AI.

Like wanderin_star we go every year a few times there but alwyas HB and out of summerseason. Never had any complaint...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Thanks for your responses. I think i may get in touch with TC to see if i can change hotel.

Has anyone else changed with TC and if so how easy is it?

Thanks

Edited: 8:59 am, July 27, 2012
London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Tej Marhaba is a very established, well located and popular hotel with many people. The food is reasonable, although at times bit repetitive but as I stated only staying HB is no problem for me. I find the service good and never had any complaints. I do not use the swimming pool/spa so that does not bother me - although you should have been told by Thomas Cook that at the moment is out of action.

The complaints about AI are also very common with a lot of hotels at the moment, so if you changed hotel would have to be very careful where you changed to. Imagine TC would charge you an amendment fee plus any difference in holiday cost. The money it would cost to change hotel, you could spend on few meals out and drinks at paying bar if you find AI does not suit you.

I agree with couple of the reviews that hotels should either be AI or HB - a mixture of both does not work very well in my opinion. I notice the difference in price between HB and AI at Tej Marhaba is just over £7 per day. Again in my opinion, for £7, you are not going to get lunch, wine with meals and good quality drinks. Hopefully someone who has returned from AI will also give their opinion before you make up your mind.

Choppington, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Hi there, i am also traveling to this hotel in september on an AI basis, when I booked most of the reviews were good but recently there have been some poor ones, I suggest you do as i am trying to do with Thompson at the moment, tell them that you know that the indoor pool is not available and as they cannot supply the holiday you have booked, you would like to be downgraded to HB, refunded the extra you paid to be all inclusive without being charged the £50.00 per person for making a major change to your holiday (on the basis that you would then be able to use another hotel's indoor pool if you needed to). I have personally stayed in hotels with poor reviews and found them fine so I suspect that the reality is somewhere in between the good reviews and the bad, the only questionable thing about this hotel is the AI, i bet the hotel itself is fine. Oh, and look on the citizens advice website adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/travel…

this will be good amunition when contacting Thomas Cook. I would be interested to know how you get on...

Choppington, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

To the people who have stayed at the Tej before, my flight is at 6am, by the time I get throught the airport and transfer to the Hotel i estimate it will be 11:30/12:00. A couple of people who reviewed this hotel said that their room wasnt ready for them, have you ever had any issues like this? I will have been traveling since 1am and would hate to be left waiting to check in for hours.

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Last time I saw the pool, Emma, was beginning of June. To me it didnt look anywhere near being finished for this season. September was mentioned for the intended finishing date so suppose there is remote chance that work proceeded very speedily and it may be open in September. Perhaps you could contact hotel and ask them expected finishing date.

I believe last winter guests were allowed to use indoor pool of Marhaba hotel which is a couple of kilometres away. Whether this is still the case, I dont know, they may say its warm enough to use outdoor pool in summer.

Check in times for most hotels is either 12 midday or perhaps 1pm. If hotel is full and previous guests do not check out until midday, which is latest check out time, then maids need to have time to clean the rooms. Unfortunately this does happen with a lot of hotels.

Edited: 5:07 am, July 30, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I have contacted TC who are getting in touch with the resort rep to check on the pool/spa. If they are out of action i can change my hotel choice (or even the holiday itself) with no admin charge, i would have to pay any difference in price though.

I have also e-mailed the hotel to ask if these amenities are out of use.

Thanks

Mike

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tej Marhaba-very worried!!!!!!!

Considering they offer the guests to use the room till 12.00 on the day they return home it is normal not all the rooms will be ready if you arrive before 2 pm.

Never had to wait longer than 2 pm for my room.

What you best can do is put your sunclothes and swimmingsuit in your handlugage or on top of your suitcase.

In case you have bad luck and have to wait you walk outside to enjoy the pool and the sun and have a cooling down swim before entering your room...

On the day of your return you use the room till 12.00 and then someone else will moan here that there room was not ready when they arrived before lunchtime :-)