We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

Does anyone know about buying baby essentials near the Marhaba Club in Sousse? And also if they have a kettle & fridge in the rooms? We are travelling in Sept with a 6 month old so will still need these essentials. Don't know if they have large supermarkets like the ones in the main European resorts and if they are much more expensive

Observation Decks & Towers, Sacred & Religious Sites
Grande Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

Hi GN75

They don´t have a kettle in the rooms

They will how ever have some stuf to buy at the hotel, and You will find small supermarkets near by.

There are a supermarket nearer town where they sell

stuff for babys, but ... I have had all my children with me when they have been babys , but they have always been a bit older then and the oldest one I had with me first time he still needed special milk, but at that point we stayed at Samara Club and there the was a small kitchen area with what we needed.

South Wales
Level Contributor
358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

If your baby is drinking formula milk then I'd advise you to take it with you - powdered formula is only available in some pharmacies and would not be a brand you'd recognise (if that is important to you). Ready-made cartons of formula are not available at all. You will find recognisable brands of nappies e.g Pampers/Huggies in some shops - but they are expensive. Peudouce is the most widely available brand, and you'll find both nappies and wipes easily. You'll need to take your own travel kettle I would imagine as they are rarely available in hotel rooms - a lot do have small fridges though. If making up formula from boiled bottled water choose the brand 'Safia' as this has the lowest sodium content - other brands have high levels. You will notice a difference to popular European resorts - for example baby-changing facilities when out and about are very rare. September will still be very hot, so be sure to take total sunblock for the baby (again, not easy to find and very expensive) and a pushchair with a shade/parasol. Hope that's helpful!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

Thanks guys for your helpful replies. Just found out that our baby gets a 10KG allowance so will bring nappies & SMA from here

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

I took a 7 month old to PEK last year and would advise taking everything you need with you for the baby. A good sun shade is also essential - I have used a Shade-a-Babe many times on holidays and highly recommend it.

5. Re: Bringing a baby to Marhaba Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now