We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Alexandria to Cairo

Dubai
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
From Alexandria to Cairo

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Cairo in November and am flying AirArabia to Alexandria El Nouzha airport. As the flight arrives at 0200 (in the morning), I'm wondering how I can get to Cairo.

Will there be taxis willing to take me from Alexandria to Cairo from the airport? Or will I have to arrange my own transport? If so, any recommendations? I don't fancy the train as I saw from the schedule the first train goes out at 0600. I don't want to wait that long.

Thanks in advance!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,240 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Alexandria to Cairo

It's about a two hour drive. I have no idea if there will be taxis that would take you. You could always ask your hotel in Cairo to send a car to collect you. Maybe they could also give you an early checkin. It would be nearly time for breakfast when you arrive, you could eat and then freshen up and rest.

2. Re: From Alexandria to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2011