We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to see in Alexandria?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to see in Alexandria?

We are a family with 3 kids (12, 10 and 3) We will be on a cruise in Dec together with my parents. Our cruise ship will be in Alexandria for 2 days and my husband and I would like to do an overnight trip to Cairo. My parents have been to Cairo and do not wish to make the excursion again. They have suggested that we take our 12 and 10 year old with us and leave the 3 year old with them as they felt that the excursion will be too tiring for the toddler who probably won't understand anything she sees in Cairo anyway. It's really very sweet of them to offer to baby sit.

I am thinking of arranging a short tour of Alexandria for my parents. The ship only offers a 9 hour full day tour and a 6 hour tour. Unfortunately, the 6 hour tour is not for children under 6. I am concern that the 9 hour will be too long for my toddler. For 6 hours, they can bring her with them or leave her with the ship's child care. Leaving her on the ship for 9 hours may be too long for her.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what my parents can do in Alexandria? Any private tour operators that you can recommend?

upper midwest
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is there to see in Alexandria?

One day in Alexandria in October-Azamara Journey- Could you give your guide infomation to us (party of 4 )? Your posting of things to do was very complete.

upper midwest
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is there to see in Alexandria?

We will be in Alexandria for 1 day in October-Azamara Journey-could you share the name /contact info for your guide you used. Your info on sights to see was very helpful.

Sacramento...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: What is there to see in Alexandria?

We are on a royal cruse sailing on sept 17? Are you on the ship with us?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What is there to see in Alexandria?

have you received any response? I believe we are on the same cruise and I am trying to line up a private tour as well.

15. Re: What is there to see in Alexandria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 01, 2011