We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

le metropole hotel Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
le metropole hotel Alexandria

can anyone tell me what this hotel is like and how far is from the airport

thanks

Alex,Egypt
Level Contributor
250 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: le metropole hotel Alexandria

Le metropole is located on a main street in down town Alexandria, very recommended, because it's where tourist attractions are...

My friends who stayed there recommended it. It's kinda small but nice, and a bit antique. And a friendly staff, I've been there on some occasions, never stayed there of course. Since I live in Alexandria.

There are 2 airports in Alexandria, which one are you landing into??

Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: le metropole hotel Alexandria

not sure which air port as yet as i have not booked the flight yet

but thanks for your reply

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: le metropole hotel Alexandria

You will probably be coming in to Borg el arab International airport, it is a very small airport about 60km from your hotel. You will have to get a taxi from the airport (should cost about 100LE and it will take up to an hour), there is a shuttle bus, not sure of the price but it is cheaper. The airport is rather run down and not up to world standards but I hear they are planning renovations? maybe you can organise a transfer with the hotel if you are not comfortable haggling for a taxi.

I have not stayed at the Metropole but had a fantastic lunch there last year, we stay at the Cecil across the road/square. As Strana said, it is a great location, has a good reputation and taxis are cheap to get around.

Alex,Egypt
Level Contributor
250 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: le metropole hotel Alexandria

About Borg Al Arab, this used to be a military airport, El Nozha is quite close to the city and not really the best location for an airport, and it's worn out, also with increasing activity, they decided to transform Borg Al Arab military base to an international airport, nothing wrong with it, except that it's not what we call an airport, infact both Alexandria airports, are just runways and terminals, they do not offer much, from that perspective, one could understand, that this project is not finished yet. On the other hand the renovation is essential for El Nozha and that's what should be happening now.

Again it depends on the airline.

El Nozha will be close and have more activity, Borg Al Arab, you can imagine it's out in the desert. Like Nefertari said it's probably 60 kilometers away from your hotel.

5. Re: le metropole hotel Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alexandria