We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceuta to Tetouan

Grand Rapids MI
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ceuta to Tetouan

Were going to be traveling from Ceuta to Tetouan later this year. Can anyone recommend the best way to make the journey...bus or train?

Thanks!

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ceuta to Tetouan

There is no train. You have to walk cross the Spanish/Moroccan border first and from there, it's a short taxi ride to Tetouan. Moroccans usually do this trip in a shared taxi (6 people max) but I find it uncomfortable, better to negotiate the price and have the whole taxi to yourselves. It shouldn't be more than 150 dirham from the border to Tetouan but you'll have to bargain hard for that.

Alternatively, you could take the ferry from Algeciras to the Tangier MED (not Tangier Port) terminal and get the taxi from the port there. Although it may cost a little more the advantage of this is avoiding the step of having to get from the port of Ceuta to the border, 3 km away, another taxi ride. Once you clear customs in Tangier Med there are taxis waiting to take you straight to where you want to go.

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ceuta to Tetouan

Just outside Ceuta ferry port, take a taxi to the Moroccan border (the taxi fare is approximately €5). Then walk for about 5 min to the Moroccan border and pass through the customs checkpoint where you'll have to fill out a customs yellow form with your passport number, destination, duration of your stay, etc... These forms are available at the customs booths.

When you clear Morocco customs, then walk for a couple of minutes to the taxi station (blue color taxis) and make sure to negotiate the price with the taxi driver. The taxi costs approximately 90 Dirhams (€9), and it takes more or less 40 min to get to downtown Tetouan . The taxi fare is much cheaper if you share the taxi with other passengers, but I don't recommend it.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ceuta to Tetouan

Hi there!

I am planning do the reverse path, from Chefchaouen, it's work?

My route: Chouen-Tetouan- Celta-Algeciras.

Thank you!

4. Re: Ceuta to Tetouan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tetouan