We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danube Delta visit

Which Tulcea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
18 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Danube Delta visit

My wife and I are planning our second visit to Romania next summer and would like to spend 4 days in the Danube Delta. Would it be best to stay in Tulcea and take a day trip out to Sf Gheorghe or Sulina or to stay in the delta in one of those towns or Crisan. Any suggestions on what to do and where to stay would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Danube Delta visit

If you stay in Sulina or Sfantu Gheorghe you can combine visiting the Delta with spending time on the beach, as they are within walking range to the sea.

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Danube Delta visit

I do not recommend day trips fm Tulcea to either Sulina or Sfantu Gheorghe, transportation is by water only and is quite long. Even so, if you choose such option, it might be difficult once there to find a way to spend time in the proper or expected way.

Well, everything depends on what you want from your trip in this unique location.

Btw Sfantu Gheorghe and Sulina I would suggest for you Sulina. My personal choice is the fishermen's village Sfantu Gheorghe, because is still wild and not so much touched by the modern civilization (though, they have running water and electricity!); but I believe that you would like more the small town of Sulina, a bit larger and with more facilities, and better prepared for, let's say, organized tourism.

Crisan and Maliuc might be good options also. They have quite a long experience with foreign tourists and might know better how to entertain you during your stay. Be prepared, the dishes are mostly of fresh water fish, prepared in any possibly imaginable way!

Good luck and let us know of your experience.

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Danube Delta visit

Wondering if you ever made that trip.......

Reply to: Danube Delta visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tulcea