We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Which Tulcea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, ON
Level Contributor
68 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

We plan to spend a bit of time in the Danube Delta area at the end of September, early October. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay??

Thank you.

12 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

hello

I did not visit there but can give you the link of the ministry of tourism in Romania with link to the Danube Delta area :

www.romaniatourism.com/danube-delta.html

for place to stay :

1. www.ruraltourism.ro/delta/html/deltaen.html

2. antrec.ro/en-TL-budget-hotel-reservation-tul…

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

As a general advice, use guesthouses (not other types of accommodations) and preferably stay in Sulina or Sfantu Gheorghe.

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

hi

pitty i saw this so late

are you still around?

seen my location?

danube delta is a huge area, and you have to be more specific. what exactly would you like to do?

hi class perfectly fitted accommodation or enjoying local life and nature as it is?

Tulcea
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

…facebook.com/pages/…111242878926554

Georgetown, ON
Level Contributor
68 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Thanks, but I've made the trip and am now back home. We ended up spending our time in Transylvania and had a wonderful time. Romania is a beautiful country - largely undiscovered, it would seem. Another bonus was that costs for things - food, accommodation - is still very reasonable. Would happily return and explore further afield. Truly a wonderful find!

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Hei,

Glad you managed to cross and enjoy, as it looks fm above.

Still- should you have a chance, make it to the delta. If you manage to meet the right people, you may discover heart-breaking, speech-lessening environment, like fisherman fishing as 100 years ago, while answering top-shelf mobile phones, living on minimum and enjoying life to max, and so happy to live on a minimum, but clean way of life... If there is a power cut (very seldom nowadays) they are so happy- they will enjoy their house made brandy by the river, at candles lights....with endless-endless fisher's stories..

Trust me, something you will never forget.

Edited: 5:10 am, October 21, 2010
Regen
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Hello, I want to go to Danub Delta, too, next year. I want to see the nature. I dont look for a expancive hotel. I need only a bed and good food! I want to make trips by boat to the sea. What would you recommend me? I will be there in June 2011!

Mikel77

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Hi ,

Try www.complexcastalia.ro .We went there last year,as you said,good food fantastic boat trips at very resonable price.But you do need a car to get there, quite an adventure to find the place, lots of fun though. I'll never forget the place,hope I'll return soon.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
85 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

Likewise, any recommendations for B&B type accommodation in the Delta ? Any trip reports ? Advice of how/where to hire a boat ?

10. Re: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:37 am, May 27, 2011
Edited: 11:37 am, May 27, 2011

Reply to: Accommodation in the Danube Delta area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tulcea