We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

We are staying at the hotel casa wagner in brasov in October 2013 and the hotel has no car parking Can anyone advise on a good car park nearby and the likely cost. Thanks

Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
25 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

There is the street Poarta Schei, parallel with George Baritiu street, the street that passes by Piata Sfatului, the centtral square where is also the hotel located.

It is not easy to find a parking place, but eventually you will. The cost is approx 1 leu per hour and after 8pm is free, until 7 or 8 am, I think.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

Thank you

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

Just remember to save your coins. The meters only take coins and we found that we rarely if ever got change in coins in our 10 days there.

You can also buy a parking permit from an office in Brasov, I've forgotten the name and location, but the lady who owns Casa Wagner will be able to tell you.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

Thanks

Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
35 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

You have at least 2 alternatives for parking the car:

1. Private parking right on George Baritiu street (http://goo.gl/maps/QgQOK), few hundred meters away from your location. Price: 0.90 euros an hour and I do not know about full day permits or overnight schedule.

2. Any city parking spot in the area (biggest and closest one here http://goo.gl/maps/lHdkl), not too far from your location either. The price is about 0.30 euros per hour if you pay by coins (only 0.50 and 0.10 lei coins are accepted), 08.00 - 20.00 and for free during the night. You can also pay by SMS, but this is more expensive (almost double), might require a local number and I do not know for how many hours you can reserve the spot using the phone.

If you want a daily permit, this is under 3 EUR (12 lei) and can be bought from the P&P company. Their old office was on the George Baritiu street, but now it's somewhere around this bike shop http://goo.gl/maps/u8OPu. You can also try to get a permit from the employees checking the parking tickets and, if needed, weekly permits can also be issued as far as I know.

Have a nice stay!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

Thanks very much

Rishon Lezion...
Level Contributor
25 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

What's a P&P company? They have a website?

Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
35 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

I could not find their website. "P&P" is actually the name of the company (I do not know where the initials come from, but I expect at least one one "P" is from parking).

Blandford Forum...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

You can park on the square just up fom the main car park for free but you won't get a space until after five in the afternoon. One side is residential parking, the other is general. It is clearly marked. Enjoy Brasov. We did.

Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car parking in Brasov Town Centre

I just checked in Casa Wagner. The front desk lady sells parking tickets. One day ticket cost 12 lei. She said I can park at any pubic parking spot in Brasov. 1