We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Hi,

I searched in this forum and couldn't find latest information about from Bucharest airport to Brasov train station.

Basically, we will fly from Vienna to Bucharest (arriving at 11am) and will have to check in hotel in Brasov.

Does any expect know the best way to do so? Thank you.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

You can take express bus 780 from Bucharest airport directly to Bucharest North (Bucuresti Nord, Gara de Nord) train station then a train to Brasov.

Express bus 780 runs approximately every half hour between 5.30 and 23.00.

A two rides card for it costs 8.6 lei (~€2).

Trains to Brasov run from Bucuresti Nord almost once every hour between 6.00 and 22.00

Tickets for normal trains start at 47 lei (€11)

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Hi alterme,

Thanks for your advice. I read about taking bus during weekend should be faster, am I right? We will be traveling on Saturday.

Also, I found the link to the express bus,

http://www.ratb.ro/index.php. I can't find the English button from the website. Do you know any link in english?

Thanks,

Clairey

Bucharest
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

first train ,after 11.00 am , leaves at 13.15. See 531 train : mersultrenurilor.ro/Ruta/…Brasov

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Hi Christian,

Thanks. I found the train timetable from Bucuresti to Brasov. I'm reading in this link, it mention about there will be train service from OTP aiport to Bucharest Nord train station soon. Have this service started?

www.toandfromtheairport.com/bucharest.html

Thanks.

Edited: 2:44 am, August 09, 2012
Bucharest
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

yes there is a train from airport to Bucharest Nord train station :

mersultrenurilor.ro/Ruta/…Bucuresti_Nord , 7006 or 7008 are good for you . Enjoy your stay in Romania.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Really? Wow... this is cool. It seems that people seldom ask about this route. This route will avoid the traffic on the road, isn't it? ^_^

Thanks Cristian.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

That train doesn't exactly start from the airport, it uses a small station about 2 km to the north.

To get there you first have to use a transfer minibus, included in train price/

You can check the full schedules (minibus+train) on the airport website:

bucharestairports.ro/otp/images/SKMBT_421110…

Departures from the airport are in in the second table.

At rush hour this minibus+train combo can be faster than going by bus but it runs less often so you won't necessarily save much time.

And if you have lots of luggage it's just more convenient to take bus 780, as it leaves right from the airport exit.

The RATB site doesn't have an English version. The airport departure times for line 780 are available here (Saturday is "Sambata" in Romanian):

ratb.ro/docpdf2/…20SOSIRI.pdf

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Hi Alterme, it's me again. The train # in the pdf of minibus+train schedule is 1hr off comparing to the today's cfr train schedule. For instance, #7015 is 14:10-14:36 from the pdf while it's 15:10-15:36 on the cfr link. So I guess the minibus from P.O. will be 15:51 instead, right?

Hope the train+minibus doesn't have much delay. We need to use this method going back to airport during the weekday...

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Yep, the schedules on the CFR site are the correct ones.

The minibus will be there when the train arrives (this minibus runs specifically to carry each train's passengers to/from the airport) and will leave to the airport as soon as passengers finish getting aboard.

Usually there aren't serious delays but it can happen sometimes; leave a 30 minutes safety margin to be sure.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fr Bucharest airport (OTP) to Brasov train station

Thanks Alterme. Do you know which link I can buy the train + minibus fare in advance?

Thanks.