We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nature and hiking around sibiu

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
nature and hiking around sibiu

Hi,

I'll be visiting romania next month and planning a visit to sibiu.

The main idea is focusing on the old town, but I wanted to know if you have a suggestion to a few hours outside the city in the nature if I don't feel like seeing museums and so on?

I read about the ASTRA Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization in Dumbrava forest and wanted to know if there's something more "adventurous" (a few hours of hiking in the woods or something like that) to do.

I would be happy to read any rocommedations, if you have. Keep in mind it should be a few minutes away from Sibiu (is there any info online about paths around sibiu?)

Thanks,

Yigal.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nature and hiking around sibiu

You could try heading towards Paltinis (a resort up in the mountains about 30 km/one hour away from Sibiu, there are several buses to it) - either get off the bus as soon as you enter the mountains (after the village Rasinari) and hike along the road or go all the way to Paltinis and start from there.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nature and hiking around sibiu

Thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mention that we're travelling by car, so a circular path would be more suitable (although we could use your idea and take the bus back to our car).

Do you have any other suggestions that are a bit colser to sibiu? I don't wnat to go too far from Sibiu.

Thanks again :)

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nature and hiking around sibiu

If you have a car the best option would be to simply drive to Paltinis (it's less than an hour away and it's a beautiful route ), park the car there and hike a bit in the surrounding area.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nature and hiking around sibiu

thanks. I'll consider that!

5. Re: nature and hiking around sibiu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 03, 2010