We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport confusion!

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport confusion!

I am trying to book a flight from London to Mostar - is there actually an airport in Mostar or do you fly into Sarajevo? I'm sorry if this has been covered previously in forum, If so, how long does it take to get from Sarajevo airport to Mostar? Thanks

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport confusion!

There is an airport in Mostar but currently there is no airline flying to Mostar. As well there is no direct flight from London to Sarajevo which I guess you already noticed :)

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport confusion!

Forgot to add, it will take around 2,5 hours by bus or train from Sarajevo to Mostar. Check if you find much cheaper offer for flying in Dubrovnik or Split and then you can take a bus from one of those two cities to Mostar.

Mostar, Federation...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport confusion!

Offcourse there is an airport in Mostar but it has no direct flights until April 1st 2013 when direct line from Trieste and Bari (Italy) to Mostar begins and ends at 1st November this year. This is seasonal line but regular (it wil be operated every year from now on) , flights will be operate on Tuesday and Friday from Bari and Trieste, sometimes on Tusday and Saturday from Napoli ,but flight from Napoli is charter flight. All of this flights are operated by Mistral air.

There is also charter flight from Milan-Malpensa airport oprated by the New Livingston S.p.A. airlines.

Also there are charter flights from Lugano (Switzerland), and Rimini (Italy), operated by Darwin airlines.

You can book your flight from Italy to Mostar on www.balkanexpress.it, two way ticket for Mostar costs arround 156 Euros! But since you are from London I assume you first have to take flight to Italy and then overseat to flight to Mostar. Unforunately Mostar has connections only with Italy and sometimes from France and Switzerland. But there has been a significant interest from Irish airliners to operate charter flights from Dublin and Cork to Mostar. I dont have any new information about Ireland, but you can ask operational-information center of Dublin airport or Cork airport.

If you somefow mannage to fly to Mostar from London you're more than welcome to our country.

P.S. My name is Petar and I live in Mostar so you can be sure that this information are true and reliable. For any new information, or questions find Mostar airport Ltd on Facebook. Big Hi from Mostar! :)

Spokane, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport confusion!

Thank you so much, Peter, for the information! I am trying to obtain tickets to fly into Mostar in June, 2014. NOT LUCK! How can I charter a flight into the Mostar Airport??? I'm trying everything I can think of...

Thank you!

Ann

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport confusion!

Ann, a charter from where? You can try the airlines Peter mentioned, but as he mentioned they are mostly based in Italy.

And how many of you are there? I imagine that chartering a flight is going to be much more expensive than flying to another airport and arranging a transfer.

6. Re: Airport confusion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mostar