We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Mostar

Port Macquarie...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Mostar

I noticed on the forum bus timetable given for travellers from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik via Mostar. However the timetable indicated was until 31/8. I am travelling to Sarajevo from Zagreb in October ( hopefully) ans was wanting to stay in Mostar en route to Dubrovnik. This would be about middle of October. Are there any timetables available for this time period. Many thanks

Colleen

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Mostar

Better is to travel by the train to Mostar. Travel by the train is one more tourist atraction. You will see Neretva River Canyon. NERETVA in Old Celtic languge means FLOATING DEITY.

Yes, once upon time here lived peoples and tribes of Old Celts. Slavs and Celts never met each other. Celtic tribes left some toponims and some artefacts of their culture.

Train timetable you can see if click upper left corner:

http://www.zfbh.ba/zfbhenx/

When you arrived to Mostar, go to Bus Station-East in Mostar which is next to the Train Station and see when you have departure toward Dubrovnik, left your lagguage in wardrobe (with man control of issuing/receiving), engage licensed tourist guide which I am going to recommand you if e-mail me at:

prvi.pipi.duga.devetka@gmail.com

Best regards,

@Pipi

Edited: 10:19 am, July 13, 2012
Mostar, Federation...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Mostar

If you need information about Mostar,price,travel,rooms,just contact me on facebook profile:http://www.facebook.com/mostar.bosniaherzegovina,

and you can connect with facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MostarBiH.

For rooms contact me before,because I need to booking for you.

Thank you,regards from Mostar

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Mostar

Hello

I am travelling from Sarajevo to Mostar on 27th Aug and I need to be in Mostar at 9am or so

Is there a direct train and can anyone tell me where to find timetables & costs.

Many thanks

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Mostar

@Essie45,

Better for you is to catch one of many buses which departures from Sarajevo to Mostar.

The train which provide you to be in Mostar at 09:00 is too old and dirty with crowd, smokers,...and another wich is good departures at 08:05 arrives at Mostar around 10:00.

Please contact me to recommand tourist guides for Sarajevo and Mostar.

prvi.pipi.duga.devetka@gmail.com

@Pipi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Mostar

We need a train sticky in here I think :D

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Mostar

You can see bus timetables on our new website http://www.balkanviator.com

Just input the origin and destination cities, the date, and it will pull up the available timetables.

Let us know what you think!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Mostar

@Sinisa M,

Great help for all travelers and for me who use to gave advices for travellers trough the Balkans.

If add info about companies, will be much better.

But, if no info abt transport companies it is still great help.

Regards,

@Pipi

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Mostar

Thanks for that

Do the buses have toilets?

Regards

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Mostar

As I know, there is no toilets, but you can ask in the Bus Station and choose the company who has buses with toilets.

Another option to ask the driver to stop at next station for you. He will stop, I am sure, particuraly bcs of you are foreign tourist.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Mostar

The bus ticket price Sarajevo-Mostar is less than 20€. ATM is next to the entrance the Bus Station Sarajevo.

Get answers to your questions about Mostar