We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Savastopol

Wuhan, China
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Savastopol

can someone tell me the Best way to Travel from Istanbul to Savastopol , Early October ? Are the only 2 options , Fly to Simferpol

then take a Train to Savastopol , Or Just Hire a Driver from Savastopol to pick me up at the Airport in Simferpol and drive me to Savastopol ? kenny

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Savastopol

#1 public bus from Simferopol to Sevastopol bus station

#2 private transfer from airport to place you go

# 3 train (Electrichka) from Simferopol railway to Sevastopol railway

Columbia Falls...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Savastopol

I just got back from Ukraine in October.If you are traveling from Istanbul.You can take a ferry or another boat to Sevastopol.I think they travel once a day across the Black Sea.You will arrive in the city center.When the boat docks or close to the center.You can fly into Simferpol.A taxi or a driver to Sevastopol will cost about 120 USD.You can take the train.It is crowed and rough.It is 2+ hours by train and 1 hour by car.You can take a bus.They are the same as the train.If you arrive late at night.Good luck trying to get a bus or a train.The bus and train are real cheap.If you have much luggage you will have trouble with space.Then you have to watch all of your stuff close or you will be missing things.I took a taxi at 12AM from Simferpol to Sevastopol.

Check the ships and ferries.That will be your best.If you fly into Simferpol and need a driver.Contact me and i will give you a number to friend i made.He runs his own driver service.

Edited: 10:16 pm, November 15, 2012
3. Re: Travel to Savastopol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 27, 2013