We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

We are docked in Sevastopol (port) for only 5 hours in mid October. Can you recommend a way to get to Yalta and see Livadia Palace during this short time ? There is nothing offered by the cruise line except extremely expensive private cars.

Ukraine
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

I`m afraid, but in this situation you have only one chance - a private car, or taxi. Around 95 km one direction from dock. 1,5 hour by mountain road, 1,5 hour back, 1-1,5 hour in museum, and possible, 15 minutes Swallow`s Nest from viewing platform.

Sure, possible to recommend a driver and a guide. And, I`m sure, not so expencive. That road along the Crimean coast is the most picturesque. By the way, you can stop some seconds on highway abow the M.Gorbachev former summer house, and if time, to visit the Foros Church of Resurrection on the rock.

Have a good jorney!

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

Indeed, HAL gives quite short time for it's clients for Sevastopol, especially since they are real fans of tenders instead of normal docking.

As to you main question: YES - It is possible to visit Livadia palace within 5hr.

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

We will also be in Sevastopol in October on the Prinsendam.

Will watch to see what you find out. We like to venture out on our own when possible.

ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

To Grannytravels : Great news! Perhaps we can share some more details with each other via e-mail. I do have a couple of tour options available, one thru the internet and possibly one thru our travel agent. It seems we are on the same ship and maybe we could share costs and drivers on this venture if you are interested. I would like to communicate in a more private nature via my e-mail address. Interested ?

Edited: 12:20 pm, July 20, 2010
Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

I thought I answered you yeasterday. Must have forgot to click submit. We are definitely interested in communicating. Send me your email address.

We travel a lot but have not been to any of these ports on the Black Sea except Istanbul.

Kathy

ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

I hate to give my e-mail account over this forum, how else can we do this? Anyway , I have found a private car which will take two of us to Livadia palace incl. admission and on the way to see Swallow's Nest and The Charge of the Light Brigade area. The price is 180 euros for two. It is operated by a private guide who organizes tours in this area.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
308 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

Hi Linnie Ontario: Click on GrannyTravels ( I take it that is who you want to send the email to) highlited in blue under their icon on any of their messages and it will take you to their personal page where you can send a private message by scrolling down the left hand column of the page and it says send message. It is filtered through Trip Advisor in a private email and won't be out in cyberspace. If you are still having problems let me know.

Lee Anne

8. Re: Livadia Palace visit from Sevastopol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 19, 2011