We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I take this tour?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Should I take this tour?

Please provide your input.

This is out first time to Kotor. We will be there early Ocober on a cruise.

We are invited to an very nice exclusive tout while in port at Kotor.

The highlights include private tour of the Kotor City, St. Tryphon and the City Wall. We will then go with a guide to Budva ans Sveti Stefan. An elaborate lunch will be served in Budva.

The tour day will last about 8 hours.

Do you think we should participate? Eight hours seems long to me for an area that I believe we could possibly do "on our own".

If we elect to not take the Tour, we are entitled to a shipboard credit.

I am really uncertain.......

What do you think?

Montenegro M Tours
Day Trips, River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
360 Monte
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, River Rafting & Tubing
Kotor Private Tours and Excursions
City Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kotor Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
-
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I take this tour?

It's really hard to advise on this one. You see, Budva and Kotor have a lot in common: Old Town, fortress walls, narrow cobbled streets, shops, restaurants. Actually, these medieval strongholds are very much alike. Though, of course, they have their differences. Budva has XIX century Citadel and nice sandy beaches, and Kotor has buildings with Venetian bas-reliefs and St.Ivan's fortress up the mountain. It really depends on how much of an architecture fan you are. If you do like to compare city plans and edifices, then you should go. If you like a more relaxed way of exploring the area you are in, there is plenty to do in Kotor and its surroundings, which will take a whole day.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
430 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I take this tour?

I will be on a cruise in Oct as well that goes to Dubrovnik and Kotor Bay. I assume the bay is the same as the city but we wanted to see Montenegro as well with a private guide. Is it easier from Kotor or Dubrovnik?

-
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I take this tour?

Boka Kotorska (the Bay of Kotor) stretches far beyond the city to the north up to the town of Risan and to the west. Boka Kotorska is the only southern fjord in Europe, so the cruise around it is pretty picturesque.

Considering that Dubrovnik is geographically in Croatia, perhaps it would be better to seek a guide in Kotor.

Acton, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I take this tour?

We will also be in Kotor on October 5th. A friend who has been there recommended cruising the bay over going to Skadar Lake... and that is what we will probably do. Interestingly, Seabourn offers a 3.5 hour trip that includes Sveti Stefan & Budva from Kotor, so 8 hours may be more than you need...

5. Re: Should I take this tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kotor