We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing/Nightlife in Kotor

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing/Nightlife in Kotor

My friend and I want to vacation in Montenegro and so far I've heard that Kotor is the best option for sightseeing. However, I don't know anyone that has vacationed in this region and wanted to know if the tourist industry is well-developed? Can anyone recommend any tours or must sees? How are the beaches and how is the nightlife? It's important to us not only to have things to do during the day but also at night. Also is Kotor a walkable city or should we rent a car? Are there people that speak English? Any information you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Montenegro M Tours
Day Trips, River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
360 Monte
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, River Rafting & Tubing
Kotor Private Tours and Excursions
City Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kotor Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Rochester, UK
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing/Nightlife in Kotor

Just returned from 2 weeks in Sveti Stefan. I hired a car from Dubrovnik airport but didn't use it much becuase local buses are so cheap and frequent. Visted Petrovac, Budva, Skada lake and did a boat trip of Boka Kotorska which included a one hour stop in Kotor - you need much more than an hour it is a beautiful place.

Montenegro has stunning scenery and we had a wonderful time. I think if you are interested in nightlife try one of the bigger resorts like Budva but there aren't many night clubs that I saw. Lots of music (including rock) is played on the beach and some of the resorts are very crowded in the evenings.

Have a good trip

2. Re: Sightseeing/Nightlife in Kotor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kotor