We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

Hello,

I'm searching for a hotel in Yalta (or hotel close to Yalta) with an outside (kids) swimming pool and close to the beach.

I thought hotel Yalta Intourist as a good option, but I got no reply on my emails and when I tried to call them I got an automatic message in Ukrain (or Russian), so I don't know what it says (maybe they're closed in wintertime, couldn't imagine that??)

We'll be staying with 2 adults and 2 little kids and would like to stay in a familyroom/junior suite.

Hope this forum will help me further (I'm convinced it will :-))

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

Hi, Martin :)

So what is it exactly that you are trying to ask them about? They do have an outdoor pool.

Normally Yalta Intourist is open in winter. But they sometimes empty their swimming pool for winter months (at least they did few years ago when I stayed there in winter).

However, as far as I remember, you are arriving in spring, so it should be just fine. And they often boast their pool is the largest in Crimea (it is large, indeed).

Can’t say though that I’m too fond of this hotel with its ineradicable Soviet service… And it’s not right on the beach; you need to take an elevator (or stairs) down to the sea.

Edited: 9:05 am, February 06, 2012
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

P.S. But the sea views and Yalta views are fantastic there (from the respective rooms).

Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

Hi Cora,

No, I wanted to ask them what's the difference between jr suite type a and B, and if this kind of rooms are big enough for 2 adults, and an extra bed for our oldest daughter (our youngest sleeps in a little travelcod)

But as I don't speak Russian I didn't understand zip from the automtic messag I got when I called them. 2 earlier emails of mine are also unresponded. I hardly can imagine that no-one from the office speaks English?

I am used to soviet service, but was it really so bad? (it's not like Eridan in Vitebsk??)

Do you have options for better hotels in Yalta? I couldn't find much hotels with a swimming pool.

Great that you always reply so fast on forum topics :-)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

According to their web-site hotel-yalta.com/en/rooms/detail.php?ID=6 the main differences between the two junior suites are as follows:

“A” has two balconies with sea-view and “B” has a balcony with a backyard view. Note, however, that in some of these suites the sea view is de facto a side-sea-view (I’ll see if I have some old photos to show).

“A” has two rooms (but no door between them) and “B” has two “zones” (I believe the difference is in the width of the opening between them).

“A” has a bathroom and a separate toilette; “B” has a toilette in the bathroom.

Yes, normally their junior suites are fine for two adults (and they mention a king-size bed in both “A” and “B”). But the one who sleeps on the coach shouldn’t expect the best sleep in their life.

Yeah, Eridan and Intourist were pretty close in the service standards; surely as far as reception is concerned.

I’ll have to do a quick research to refresh which hotels have outdoor swimming pools. Normally it’s not something I’m looking into when in Crimea, so can’t think of too many straight away.

Edited: 9:58 am, February 06, 2012
Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

I didn't read the mentioned text part on the hotel's website, oops ;s

I think the location of the hotel (in a park) and the outdoor pool is great. The sea is probably not warm enough for a nice swim (you mentioned earlier in a reply to me).

The seas view sounds great, now I'm curious which view you get. Hopefully you find that pictures! :-)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

I ALWAYS book sea views :)

Yes, indeed, its location is lovely - for a getaway. But it's not in the Yalta itself, mind you, and Yalta is not in the shortest walk away (though quite walkable). And since you are travelling by car, this shouldn't bother you too much.

As for the sea temperature, it really depends on what the weather is going to be like. But normally yes, it's still early for the sea swimming.

Edited: 10:10 am, February 06, 2012
Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

I ALWAYS book sea views :) => *lol*

Location considered to Yalta is indeed no prob. I think we'll make 2 daytrips (one to Bakhchisaray and one to Swallowsnest and cable car ride to top of Ai-Petri) and stay one day in Yalta.

So I think I'll go for the sovietstyle Yalta hotel ;-) I know the difference between the room types. No I hope that the reservation part of the website works.

Ah, no hurry, still have to wait a couple of months before our trips starts :-)

Thx for sorting things out!

Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

Very strange, also the online booking option on the website doesn't work?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

The on-line booking form in English says in Russian that all fields are obligatory. Have you filled in all fields?

If so, what exactly wasn't working?

Strijen
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with outside swimming pool close to the sea Yalta

It goes wrong after the confirmation of the room.

I should get a payment screen to pay ith my creditcard, but I get an errormessage.

I tried it also with the option pay by money transfer. I get an conformation email, but with no bankdetails mentioned, so I can't make a moneytransfer (and I prefer to make it by creditcard).

Very strange