We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from kiev to lviv by bus

rishon le zion...
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
from kiev to lviv by bus

on the web site bus.com.ua there is only one bus that travels from kiev to lviv only at night does sombody knows about other bus companies that that travel this direction and vise versa.

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

hi Candece!

Speaking about hotels in Lviv, I can recommend "Swiss hotel." It is located in the city center on the street Kniaza Romana. To walk to Rynok you need only 3 - 5 minutes. Very clean. The ambiance of the hotel is really antique chic. The food is good and it is well centered around the old city. The staff was very helpful and efficient.

Regards Roman.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

Hi Candace D and welcome to Ukraine forum!

I'm afraid, without knowing at the very least your budget and preferences I cannot responsibly recommend you a hotel in Lviv.

I suggest you to start with reviews of the hotels listed on TA; this might be a god starting forum. Then, please, come back to the forum for further tips on what you will have selected. Here are Lviv hotels' reviews from TA members:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g295377-Lviv_Lviv_Obl…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g295377-c2-Lviv_Lviv_…

Also hostels, if you travel on budget:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g295377-c3-Lviv_Lviv_…

As for an overland tips, what is the sequence of your travel, please? Where are you flying in/out from, please?

You've given us not enough information, I'm afraid, so that we could provide really helpful advice. Please, elaborate.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

Oh, and if you also seek hotels (and hostels) in Kyiv, here are the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294474-Kiev-Hotels.h…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294474-c2-Kiev-Hotel…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294474-c3-Kiev-Hotel…

And for St.Petersburg, Russia:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298507-St_Petersburg…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298507-c2-St_Petersb…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298507-c3-St_Petersb…

Edited: 6:30 am, January 27, 2013
Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

You can either start with Lviv, then Kiev and then St. Petersburg as they are lined up one after another (with great distance between Kiev and St. Petersburg). Keep in mind that St. Peterburg is a large and busy city, Kiev is somewhat the same, whereas Lviv is a smaller and calmer city. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.

I would recommend finding a map of all of those cities and look for an apartment closer towards the city center as public transportation could be a hectic encounter.

Also, there are trains that go between each of the cities you listed! It should be much cheaper than going by plane, however a much longer trip as well!

Hope I helped a little bit )

Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

I made the trip by bus in the other direction just 2 days ago. I wanted to travel by train, but all tickets were sold. The ticket was expensive 191 hryvnas which is more than a second class train ticket. The bus left the bus station besides the main railway station in Lviv at 22.15, it made a further stop at Striska bus station in Lviv where the bus filled to capacity.

There was no onboard toilet, I had to ask the driver to stop the bus after two hours as I was desperate to go, several other passengers joined me, there were only two further toilet stops. I failed to get any sleep due to a number of factors, I was sat in the front row seats just above the driver where the radio played music all night, also the two drivers were conversing all night and the air conditioning was switched on making it feel cold. The only stop after Lviv was in Zhitomyr where several passengers departed, we arrived at the Central Railway Station, which in Kyiv at 6.35 in the morning which gave me plenty of time to get to Borispil Airport for my 10.00 flight to London. I would not recommend making this journey if you find it difficult to sleep on buses.

If I need to make this journey again I will try and buy a train ticket in plenty of time, the bus wasn't a pleasant experience for me.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

Hi snukr and welcome to Ukraine forum :)

Thank you so much for sharing your bus experience! Very useful.

Indeed, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, a train is the best option for this particular leg. Many thanks for illustrating why.

I was sorry to read you failed to get a train ticket. Did you not give a try to on-line booking some time in advance?

Edited: 10:29 pm, July 03, 2013
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

Hi Cora!

I tried for several days to buy a train ticket online and also tried to buy one at the train station, but there was nothing available, they advised me to buy a bus ticket. I've made long distance bus trips before so knew what to expect, unfortunately there was no other alternative, even on the bus there were only 3 tickets left.

I've travelled in both directions by train several times in the past and never had a problem buying a ticket, sometimes they appear at the last minute, but this time there was nothing.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

I see. Such a shame :(

As a last-minute chance one might try their luck of appearing at the station before the train departure and talking to a car attendant... But this is hardly an experience a foreigner is easily ready to face.

19. Re: from kiev to lviv by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014