We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Lviv

Which Lviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
116 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Lviv

I'm planning to spend four days in Lviv in June 2011 as part of a central/eastern european trip.

A couple of people from the region have raised concerns about safety (i am travelling alone) in particular safety on a night train from Krakow and in Lviv problems with police taking passports and demanding bribes to give them back.

My gut feeling is that i will be unlikely to encounter any problems as long as i use a bit of common sense,but any reassurance would be welcome.

I am really looking forward to visiting this beautiful city.

Many thanks

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Safety in Lviv

Hi, I forgot to mention the amount of money you are allowed to take in or out is $10,000.

I will be in Lviv next wednesday to see friends, it`s cold in Lviv and snowing at the moment.However in June it is in the +28c to +35c.

I was once on the Krakow- Lviv train, but never again, it takes to long at the border. The railway gauge in Poland is differant to the gauge in the Ukraine, so it takes time to change trains. In the end I got a bus from the last railway station in Poland just before the border to Lviv.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Safety in Lviv

I was there 4 years ago. Everything was fine. I ventured out of the city to Sambir. OMG I had a great there. Visited Biskovichi which is 3 kilometers from sambir. My mother was born there in 1903 and left in 1913. Hope I get back ther some day,

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Safety in Lviv

Just returned from Lviv, it was cold -12c but now it is getting warmer. the roads are the worse that I have seen in 18 years visting Lviv, they say that all roads will be filled in ready for the 2012 football. I will believe it when I see it. The country is in a turmoil, prices increasing yet pensions and wages are not, if you can find work. However the prices for people living outside the Ukraine it is cheap, excecpt the hotel rates. See my photos from this last trip. 2KOSH

14. Re: Safety in Lviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, March 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lviv