We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Switzerland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

We are considering to stay in Zadar for up to 6 nights end July. Our kids are 10 and 7 years old and we would like to do sightseeing as well as enjoy the beaches and swimming pool. Although the Falkensteiner Family Hotel Diadora seems like great fun for the kids because of the TOBOGAN on the pool, we do not want an all-inclusive, therefore would rather stay at a hotel with pool in one of the best beaches next to Zadar. We will hire a car so we can explore the surroundings, go out for a walk and dining in the evenings.

I will much appreciate your advice and look forward to hearing from you ;-) Thanks a lot for taking your time.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,902 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

How about NIn? They have a sandy beach there that might be good for the kids.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

That's exactly what I was checking right now! Is Zaton Holiday Resort, Nin, Croatia as great as it sound. It seems there is a camping nearby so that it can get really crowded...Ninska Laguna Beach hast a bad review...ist it close to Zaton Holiday Resort?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,902 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

Sorry but I don't know about that....if it were me I would stay away from campground areas though.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

Zaton is nice place. Very family friendly even in the high season. Nin is in walking distance. Nin lagoon is one of the nicest beaches in Croatia. Except, maybe, in high season when it can be overcrowded. There is maybe just one such place in Croatia for the kids and that would be Duce near Omis. When you return, you will thank me for telling you this.

croatia-beaches.com/family/ninska_laguna_bea…

Edited: 11:03 pm, March 14, 2013
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

I agree with Zaton.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

Thank you all for the great advices.

Yes, I have planned to stop at Omis on the way from Dubrovnik to Split. So, I thank you already for telling me about DUCE. I will check it out.

Well, regarding the stay in Zadar it sounds like everyone recommends Zaton. Thanks a lot.

7. Re: Where to stay in Zadar and for how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zadar