We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar or Dubrovnik

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Zadar or Dubrovnik

Hi, I'm planning a weeks holiday in June/July next year, and can't decide which place to go to. Which city has more to see, and which has more access to islands. I'll be using public transport, which is great. Stayed in Split this year, and found it easy to get around. Any advice gratefully received.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Zadar or Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik...

Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Zadar or Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik definitely, and the islands around are much more beautiful.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Zadar or Dubrovnik

Hi, I would choose Zadar. I guess my name would give away why.

The islands around Zadar are lovely and peaceful. The view of Zadar and the Velebit mountains from the island Uglan are stunning. Also the Kornati islands are well worth a visit from Zadar aswell as Plitivica lakes, an easy day trip.

My favourite places in Zadar are Diklo just north of Zadar and Kuklijca a beautiful village on Uglan. I suppose i am biased since my family are from there.

Cheers

Zadarfan

Edited: 7:55 pm, October 05, 2011
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Zadar or Dubrovnik

I went to Zadar for the first time a couple of weeks ago and liked it. It was very cultural and much more recently Italianate than many other parts of the Adriatic coast (i.e. not just Venetian). We took the boat to Dugi Otok - great island which we will visit again, and there were loads of other islands to visit that we didn't have time to get to. Good access to Nin, the Velebit mountains, NP Paklenice and NP Plitvice. Dubrovnik is unique but essentially feels like a toy town - Zadar felt very 21st century. I loved watching the rowers too of an evening - very Olympic.

15. Re: Zadar or Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 21, 2012