We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions of this issue of maybe too many places?

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions of this issue of maybe too many places?

Good evenign all I need to figure out a better way to plan out this trip plan.

I will be in Croatia end of September beginning of October.

Doing time after a island hopping cruise that ends in Split. on Oct 1st.

I have to make it to Slovenia on Oct 4th 2011

So from Oct 1 it is one night in Split

Oct 2 go to Zadar for one day and night

Oct 3 travel to Zagreb. over night

and Oct 4 on route to Slovenia, and few days there.

So issue is Oct 1 to Oct 3 those few days there.

I know the distances are small, but am i taking too much in to chew? as i just want to see the old towns in each city and main highlights

However I also want to do Plitvice Lakes on perhaps day Oct 3 on route to Zagreb. But i just want to travel by bus. And i heard the buses are not guarannted to pick one up from the park if i got off midway between Zadar and Zagreb.

I don't want the stress of thinking that day i may not make my transport. etc .

As i know renting a car is good option but just dont want that higher expense and don't want to drive in main city of Zagreb etc and just avoid that liability?

so what do u all suggest? should i leave one city out, such as not go to Zadar, and just go to the Park after split and stay over night?

or should i just go direct to Zadar and not stay over night in Split?

What do you all suggest?

Really the main dilema is i really dont want to miss out on the Plitvice park as its something neat to see. So i like to incorporate but at same time not miss out and not make my time in park rushed?

so please help!!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions of this issue of maybe too many places?

I wouldn' miss Zadar and Split. You need only one day for each one (Zadar is enough even a half of the day). For Plitvice you should add another day.

2. Re: Suggestions of this issue of maybe too many places?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 02, 2012