We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in Zadar

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight in Zadar

Hi everyone, great forum with excellent info. I will be arriving in Zadar for the 1st time on the evening of 12 July with my wife and teenage daughter. We will be arriving after 9pm and will need somewhere to stay overnight in Zadar before heading to Nin the following day. Ideally looking for something clean, good value and fairly central to be able to access the Old Town on foot the following day, and then catch a bus to Nin in the afternoon. Any recomendations re accomodation?

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight in Zadar

I would sleep in Hotel Kolovare. It's 5 minutes walk from the bus station, as you need to return and pick up the bus the following day.

Edinburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight in Zadar

Thanks Tamerlano. I had a look at this but wasn't sure about the location, so thanks for clarifying. I was quoted 270 euros for room for 3 + breakfast: do you think this is reasonable for this hotel? Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight in Zadar

It's good if you consider a period... it's near the bus station and the hospital. There is also a beach nearby. By walk you can get to the center. It's very nice par of Zadar. Walking along the cost on the opposite side you can get to Punta Mika. It's wonderful to see.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight in Zadar

you should mention that it will take them at least an hour or so walking to Punta Mika from Kolovare :))

Edinburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight in Zadar

Thanks for the advice everyone. I shopped around and managed to get the same deal for 220 euros. I think we'll restrict the walking to the Old Town; an hour each way doesn't sound so much fun when you're not in the mountains!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight in Zadar

I usually need 1 hour to get from the Old Town to Punta Mika. From Kolovare it's about 40 minutes.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight in Zadar

@ Tamerlano - you must be thinking about Punta BAJLO and not Punta Mika that is on the other side of the town, near Borik

UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight in Zadar

The No2 bus takes you from the rear of the bus station opposite the supermarket to the old town cost is 8 kuna each way and cheaper if you buy a ticket from a newsagent.

9. Re: Overnight in Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 06, 2010