We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Just stayed at Villa Ivana this month and wanted to pass on my recommendations. It's a 4star villa ewith apartments, studios and rooms. The location is fantastic on the Puntamika peninsula overlooking Zadar old town.

It's approx 3km from the old town which takes 30-40 mins to walk. There is a bus stop about 200 yards from the villa though which costs around £1.50 return. Tickets are bought from the newspaper stand.

Most accomodation is in Diklo or Borik which are a bit further around the peninsula which means you don't get a view of Zadar so Villa Ivana has a prima location. They provide a great breakfast and their advice on great restaurants and places to see is invaluable.

We had a late flight home bit they held on to our bags and had a shower room to freshen up after a day at the beach, couldn't ask for more.

The beach is about 7metres from the front door! Its stony as are most Zadar beaches so I would recommend taking something to wear on your feet in the sea.

All in all, a fantastic holiday location and we will definitely be returning.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

we were in Zadar just a couple weeks ago, stayed at Hotel Niko just a few steps away from where you were, had the same view as yourself. I would recommend both places and the area is close to everything.

Belfast
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

i'm so glad to hear this as I have booked to stay in Villa Ivana in July and hadn't been able to find out too much about it online!

Getting excited now!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations. I'm glad you've liked it.

ayrshire,scotland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Hi Fifer,the missus and I are going to Zadar in September for ten days,we haven't booked digs yet so we'll probably take your tip and stay at Ivana,are there plenty of pubs / bars around as being from Ayrshire we like a swally.

UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Ryanair is certainly brodening the horizons of we Scots. Can I ask what would be a good itinery, thought about going to Dubrovnik for one day and Split for another and staying in Zadar for the rest of the week. Any suggetions?

Belfast
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

Hi I'm just finalising details for my trip to Croatia. We are staying at Villa Ivana for a few days at the end and I wondered how you got to the airport when you were going home? Thanks

Planet Earth
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

I suggest also visiting Sibenik, it's between Zadar and Split. The old town is fantastic, the area is also unbelievable, and the view from the top of the old town is just breathtaking. There's a canal in front of Sibenik, and at the end of it, a fortress in the sea (!), after which the Kornati archipelago begins, which spreads all the way to Zadar.

I can give some URLs if you're interested, I don't know if I can post URLs here ;-)

8. Re: Villa Ivana - Zadar. Fatastic stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 26, 2009