We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week stay

sunny devon
Level Contributor
101 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
1 week stay

Hi all. We have never visited Croatia but we are now on our way in june. We are looking to stay in Pula. My question is; is there enough to keep us busy for a week? We are not great lovers of the beach but dont mind spending a couple of hours there. We both like to explore areas we stay. Any info please.

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week stay

Stay in Opatija. Make trips to Plitvice, Postojna, Lipica, explore villages inside Istria and islands down to Lošinj.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week stay

Pula itself looks more like an industrial city. If resorts and beaches in surround are not a places where you want to spend the most of time, rather go in Rovinj, Porec, Opatija...

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week stay

Yes,there are "better" places but incomparable size-wise so Pula as a base will do fine.It has his own ancient history cluster,Austrian navy fortress chain,5mile rocky beach,Premantura natural reserve,,national park Brijuni 20mi away and it is nice transport hub for all your daily travels to all other places of interest.Few coastal towns are easily visited by bus.For countryside and villages rent a car.

Edited: 2:49 pm, February 22, 2014
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week stay

Pula is a great place to use as a base and have a few beach hours here and there. Beaches are just great in Pula, and the sea clear and clean. You can also walk along the sea ... Plus what kefa says previously...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week stay

I too was planning to fly to pula for about 10 days in June , we will probably hire a car for some of the time , I'm just wondering is it impractical to plan a drive to dubrovnic in this period of time taking in various places of interest along the way and stay a couple of days in each place ? I haven't been to Croatia before it looks beautiful , perhaps dubrovnic should be a separate trip ? I know it's about 600 k away from pula

Any advice / suggestions / routes very welcome

Many thanks

Tessie

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,801 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week stay

That's a long way to Dubrovnik and maybe it would be best to make that a separate trip! With only ten days I would suggest staying in the Istria region.

7. Re: 1 week stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 am, March 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Pula