We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five days in Pula region

Which Pula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Five days in Pula region

Hi, it's possible I might visit Pula between 13-18 August (flying both in and out of the city). I gather most of Pula can be seen in a very short space of time. With this in mind, where would be the best places to visit outside of the city? I know Porec, Rovinj and Brijuni. It's likely I'd have 3 days to see Croatia outside of Pula and wondered whether these places would take up this time or whether there's more to see elsewhere. Cheers.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,344 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five days in Pula region

Pula can be seen easily in half a day but to soak up the atmosphere one night would be perfect. I would definitely suggest Rovinj, Porec and Brijuni. Will you be renting a car or using public transportation? Rovinj is a far prettier town than Pula in which to base so perhaps consider that (although I know you are flying in and out of Pula). But in August Rovinj will be absolutely packed with tourists, too (so will Porec, etc.). If you will be renting a car I would recommend seeing some hilltowns in Istria - an easy way to get off the beaten path and see what Istria is all about. My favourites include Draguc, Hum, Motovun, Groznjan, Zvarsje, Bale and so on. Tons of them. You can get to a few by bus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Five days in Pula region

I would be using public transport. I haven't booked accommodation yet - and I know it would get pretty busy - but I'm not wedded to staying in Pula the whole time. These places all sound interesting from what I've read, but just wondering what seems feasible if using buses. Pula is obviously where we'd fly in and out and is small enough to see quickly - just looking for ideas for the other days - Porec, Rovinj and Brijuni were definites though.

Pula, Croatia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Five days in Pula region

You should, visit both Kamenjak (a natural park) and the Nezakcijum. Also if you're interested, visit small villages around Pula, Rovinj and Poreč, because they tend to have so called 'fisherman nights' and all sort of small folk parties especially in august, wine is cheap AND good, plus very good fish if the town/village is near the coast.

Think about renting a car, it wold make you're travels around the Istra region much more pleasant and you'd see a lot of things that tourists don't get to see.

Even thou some might not agree, I'd suggest a visit to Motovun and/or Buzet, Novigrad Dvigrad. These towns have a certain 'old town' feel.

4. Re: Five days in Pula region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 09, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pula