We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency, self catering and eating out

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Currency, self catering and eating out

Hi everyone,

I'm staying at Park Plaza Verudela for 2 weeks on 16 Sept. Your amazing help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

1) How much money would be recommended for 2 weeks (food, drink and days out)? I'd say 5/6 days relaxing and the rest exploring (by public transport as I can't drive) to Pula, Porec, Rovinj, Medulin, Brijuni...

2) Is it better to change sterling at a bank in Pula? The exchange rate here at the moment is £1 = kn7.83. I prefer using cash as I've had cards cloned on my last four holidays (not Croatia)!

3) To keep costs low I'm self catering. I've found a few supermarkets near the resort but I can't find info about whether I can get a bus to them. The nearest seems to be Market Grga but is a 25 min walk. Fine to walk there but coming back with bags of shopping not so good. Is there a bus and if not how much would a taxi be roughly?

3) I do plan to eat out too. Does anyone have any recommendations for good local restaurants or konobas which aren't too pricey? I love squid and basically ate grilled squid everyday in Dubrovnik as it was SO good.

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Mentioned in this post
Park Plaza Verudela Pula
Park Plaza Verudela Pula
854 Reviews
Pula, Croatia
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Porec
Porec
Istria, Croatia
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Medulin
Medulin
Istria, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Venus
Gift & Specialty Shops
Muffin Fashion Store
Gift & Specialty Shops
Petit Bookstore
Gift & Specialty Shops
1 reply
devon
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency, self catering and eating out

Hi I am going to pula self-catering also in September staying close to where you are going. There is a bus-stop outside the resort and it's only the equivalent of a pound roughly to get into Pula one way. There is a Lidl there apparently where you can stock up with all your needs much cheaper than supermarket on resort and they have more choice

Mentioned in this post
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Reply to: Currency, self catering and eating out
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted