We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

Rochelle Park, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

We are early 30 couple going to be in Dubrovnik for 3 nights/4days. We were thinking since day 4 our flight is at 6pm we can head to Cavtat for 2 hours before our flight since its near by. Is this worth a stop over or would you suggest we stay in Dubrovnik for the last day before our flight?

Also how many hours would you suggest for Cavtat? I havent been able to find much info about what is here other than a nice water view with restarurants.

Also best suggest on how to get here would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

Your findings are quite accurate, and I wouldn't go to Cavtat on day 4 of Dubrovnik - I'd rather enjoy Dubrovnik!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

I love Cavtat and why not after a few days in Dubrovnik!! Just go to the port in old town Dubrovnik hourly boats leave for a nice 1 hour ride, then walk around cavtat has a nice area with shops, good restaurants, sea promenade then from cavtat bus station catch a 5 minute taxi to the airport!!

Rochelle Park, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

Thanks everyone. Few questions.

How at is the cavtat bus station from the promenade?

How far does the boat drop you off in cavtat from the promenade and shops?

Lastly are there always taxi's easily available at the bus stop in cavtat? We don't want to worry that we may not be able to get a cab.

Thanks again :)

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

Boats drop you off right at ctr by the shops and restos and bus and taxis are 2 minutes away!!

5. Re: Should we go to Cavtat for the day before our night flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik