We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

Hello,

Does someone familiar with public transport in Dubrovnik?

On www.libertasdubrovnik.com/prigradski.pdf, it seems that there is only few buses (#15) for Ston.

We are looking for a trip to see Ston and Mali Ston but I am wondering if it's easily doable by public bus? To leave Dubrovik at 10h45 and to come back from Ston at 19h seems the only possibity... Enough time or too much time? Other options?

Where is the terminus for that bus in Dubrovnik and Ston?

Thanks for your help and comments.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
340 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

Both Ston and Mali Ston are really quite small towns. I think it will take about 3/4hr to an hour to travel there by bus from Dubrovnik which means you would be there for around 7 hours. But it depends on what you plan on doing there.

This is my review of walking the walls in 2012 and there is a link to a web site which gives details of opening times and cost.:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g608720-d3…

The main bus station in Dubrovnik is by Gruz harbour. The 'bus terminus' in Ston - well the bus just pulls off the road!

If you were to get off the 15 in Mali Ston you could have a wander around there and a coffee, then walk along the footpath to Ston. By then you might want lunch and this is THE place to have mussels. You could go and have a look around the Salt Pans.And then you could walk along the walls back to Mali Ston. Depends how much you like walking? I think maybe 7 hours would quite a while to spend there though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

No terminus at Ston, the bus stops on the side of the road. I've done it. The bus station in Dubrovnik is very close to the port, near the Konzum supermarket.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

Ok thank you very much ExCymru and Jojo255100 for the informations.

Well, I think we have to change a little bit this day...

A visit to the arboretum in Trsteno could be nice, but once again, it may be complicated with public buses...

Durham
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

The Korcula-Dubrovnik buses also stop in Ston, but that's only useful for you on Sundays or in peak season when there are two buses per day.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

Oh, is it also with libertas?

Cannot find it on the timetable pdf.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

That's the 'inter-city' bus at http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
340 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

As apt22 says on Sunday a bus leaves Korcula at 14.45 and it takes just over 3 hours to travel to Dubrovnik. The bus company is Autotrans, link:

https://www.autotrans.hr/en-us/home

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

OK if I look on autotrans website, we could leave from Dubrovnik at 8h00, arriving in Ston around 9h00.

We could spend 3 hours and get back with libertas at 12h00 (if we don't go on a sunday).

Does it seem right?

Thank you very much.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
340 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

No I don't think so, as when you search for the bus Dubrovnik to Korcula and type in the name Ston another word comes up alongside,'raskrizje'. The word means intersection and I think that means that the bus stops up on the highway and doesn't actually go to Ston. There is just the one Autotrans bus a day from Dubrovnik to Korcula which leaves Dubrovnik at 3.00pm

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,036 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ston from Dubrovnik by bus

How about an organized trip instead of relying on public transport?

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik