We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

Hi everyone,

First time visiting Croatia and Dubrovnik end of May/beginning of June 2014..very excited!

This trip is a mini trip within our larger honeymoon. My questions are pretty simple..

1. What do people recommend doing in and around the Dubrovnik area for a four day stay?

2. What kind of nightlife/buzz around town can we expect during very late May/early June 2014?

Thanks so much everyone,

Tom.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

It's early in the season, a good time to go. Many Croats usually take their holidays "to the coast" in June/July, but there will be touros everywhere. The weather should be excellent but not yet too hot. A visit to the Old Town is simply a must. Great atmosphere. Perhaps you could spend two days there and two days on Mljet, which is an island less than 2 hours away on the Nona Ana passenger ferry and departs from the Port of Dubrovnik? www.gv-line.hr/raspored.php?linija=3&lang=E (scroll down for predicted summer timetable. Polace is the best stop, I think. It's closer to the lake) I'm leaving here on the 28th May, for another 2.5 months stay in Croatia (6th trip). I am a very lucky girl, my soon-to-be husband lives in Zagreb. Happy travels

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

I like the title of the post.What to do on a honeymoon for 4 days..first answer is pretty obvious but maybe kids are reading these replys also!! Its kind of a no-brainer as 4 days is relatively short and of course old town, walking the walls, cable car to the fantastic vista are all obvious choices and even musts.Depending on your stamina..2 days for all of that, one area I enjoy alot is Cavtat, its a small resort area located 15 kms south of dubrovnik but only a couple of kms from the airport. From the old town harbour a number of small ships kind of like taxis or shuttles ply the distance a nice 45-60 minute ride depending on wind and weather. If your hotel is in dubrovnik then take this trip to Cavtat and back and you make a day out of it. I can actualy recomend lodging in Cavtat, quite romantic to take the boat back and forth for the first couple of days plus as mentioned above the groups off the giant cruise ships in Dubrovnik are almost choking the old town, so peace and quiet in cavtat is great. night life exists everywhere, just check with your hotel or local agencies.

Edited: 1:30 am, December 11, 2013
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

thanks for all replies. Like your thinking about what should really be done on a 4 day honeymoon Peter...but I fear the wife might slap me if I get too suggestive!

Good to know there is some good nightlife in Dubrovnik. Is there a bit of a bar scene and busy at night? I guess we are the kind of people that like to go out for a meal and a few drinks in the evening and like there to be a bit of atmosphere!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

We were there this year, last week of may, first few days of June

In the 9 days we were there the weather was mostly beautiful. We stayad in lapad (20 mins on the bus) but went into town most nights, it was quite busy, and a really lovely atmosphere (even prettier than venice i thought!). Your not there long so the musts, must be city walls, exploring the city, cable car and maybe the 3 island tour (the islands were pretty and sleepy).

Have a great time, we loved, and even our kids did!

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

Thanks falkirk thats great information :)

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

Great time to visit, especially for the type of your romantic vacation,

You''ll love it,

Best from Croatia,

Croatia Destination Host

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,199 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

There for sure will be a great atmosphere in and around the Old Town....a boat trip out to Lokrum might also be something to look into.

8. Re: Things to do..honeymoon 4 day trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 28, 2015