We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California, USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dress

Hi. My wife and I will be traveling to Dubrovnik next week for 7 days. We are staying in the Old City. I have a few questions if anyone has the time to give us a few tips.

1. I see the average temperature is around 70 F high and 60 F low. What do you recommend we bring for clothing? Resort attire? or, casual European attire? Will an evening jacket be required anywhere? We like to be casual but want to be appropriate.

2. Is the sea still warm enough to swim in?

3. Will there be evening concerts available to see? Other cultural events?

4. Any current recommendations on restaurants in the Old City?

Thanks so much.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress

Dubrovnik can be quite smart but not evening jacket smart. Not really sure what resort attire is but I suspect casual European is closer to the mark - shirts rather than T-shirts.

I have swum around Dubrovnik in the first week or so of October as the sea is still very warm.

Dubrovnik is also very cultural and DE DubrovnikTravelLady will no doubt suggest things. I saw a great Faberge exhibition a few years ago in early October. I also found this:

OCTOBER 2013: INTERNATIONAL EARLY MUSIC FESTIVAL

Dubrovnik Early Music Festival has been creating the harmonious unity of architecture and sounds of Dubrovnik. Early music is a passage to our past, tradition and heritage that we now live in.

4 – 6 OCTOBER 2013: in front of Saint Blaise's Church - SEVENTH CROATIAN FESTIVAL OF JAMS AND MARMALADES

2. Re: Dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 27, 2014