We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel help

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
hotel help

Hello, we are flying into Dubrovnik airport and hiring a car for our trip. We want to spend one night in the city before we move on for the rest of our trip. As we don't have much time we would like to be close to the old town.

Can anyone reccommend a nice hotel which will have parking but then walking distance to the old town? I'm assuming there will not be hotels with parking inside the old town?? As it's just one night we don't mind massively about facilities, pool etc and will probably eat outside the hotel, but would like 4* plus. It will be mid-October.

Appreciate anyones input!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel help

that would be hotels Excelsior, Argentina or Hilton. they are 2 minutes distance to the old town, with Excelsior having the best views of the old town.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel help

Parking at the Hilton costs 27 euros per day. The Argentina costs 17 euros and you need to book parking. No additional charge at the Excelsior. Although walking to the Old Town is an advantage you tend to pay heavily for the privilege.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,755 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel help

If you are willing to pay high prices for a hotel room than I think you are probably willing to pay for parking too. My first thought was the Hilton which is very close to the Old Town, but I think maybe look at the other two mentioned because they will give you some great views of the Old Town..so Excelsior or Argentina if you want a view.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel help

Thanks I appreciate the information folks. Will take a look at those you've recommended.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel help

Thank you, and enjoy your trip :)

6. Re: hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik