We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

Planning to stay in DBV at the end of a week of touring Zagreb, Split, Hvar. Which is better hotel? We are looking for beach/pool and have 3 teenage boys. Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

If you can afford it then my preference would be Villa Dubrovnik, though it is further away than the Excelsior.

The Excelsior may be a good hotel with views of the Old Town but its concrete frontage onto the sea I didn't like at all. Have had drinks there and felt we could have been in any hotel anywhere in the world. We stayed next door at the Grand Villa Argentina (before refurbishment) which we found much more preferable - beautiful gardens going down to the sea with sea water pool at the edge of the sea with sun beds. Lovely cafe/bar in the grounds and great views of the Old Town. The Hotel Execlsior has its devotees and you may hear from them. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Haven't stayed at the Villa Dubrovnik but have had drinks on the terrace before it was was completely refurbished and put out of our price bracket. Things may have changed. The views were magnificent and the staff lovely. Although it's much further away from the Old Town and can be quite a trek, they do run a boat service into town. It's also close to my favourite beach (Sveti Jackob I think it's called) which is quite a hidden beach down many,many steps which I think your teenage boys would like (if you can manage the steps!) - no problem going down but going up ....! The best thing is to take it slowly and take breathers and admire the fantastic views.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,390 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

I sure like the looks of the Villa Dubrovnik and if you can afford it I think you should go for it!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

which is better hotel? Villa Dubrovnik.

4. Re: Dubrovnik Hotels- Excelsior or Villa Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 03, 2014