We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Rain

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Rain

Were planning to leave for dubrovnik on tuesday for 7 days, and so far it has forecast nothing but rain. I keep hearing that the weather forecasts are unreliable/exaggerated, just wondering if theres any chance of us seeing the sun? i will be absolutely gutted if its raining all week

thank you

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Kotor
Level Contributor
852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

prognoza.hr/sedam.php…

a bit of everything, not just rain :) And usually these spring rains are not a boring whole-day rains, it`s more like half hour raining then some sun and then again a bit of rain

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

thank you, im trying to stay optimistic, but i only get to go on holiday once a year and i hate the rain :P

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

Rained last night all night long and it is still cloudy this morning and chilly. Our local forecast does claim that Tuesday will be the beginning of some sunny weather. We are sick of the cold, wind and rain also.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

Today (Monday) sat out side of our hotel reading & for lunch we both got sunburn and we were only there for two hours. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we are doing the wall of the Old Town and the hotel staff hear say we should take sun cream and a hat and plenty of water, its going to be a scorcher.

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

i go sat for 7 days and have had same worry ; going for some sun and to get away from our dreary weather so a bit concerned it is showing rain all next week as well ; surely it cant rain for the next 2 weeks

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

apparently from mid june its supposed to be sunny non stop for 3 months, i will feel very bitter if that is the case

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

Just go from Dubrovnik to Korcula !

yr.no/place/…long.html

Cumbria UK
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

We are there from the 4th June, and also have the same worry! Living in the North West of the UK you get a little tired of rain!!!

But moving on to Jelsa from the 7th hopefully things will have improved by then!!

Edited: 6:13 am, May 29, 2013
ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

Hi we actually cut our trip short in part because of the weather . Arrived home today after 8 nights. Had one great day, and couple of ok half days. Quite chilly in evenings , lots of thunder / lightening .... Apparently summer is " late" this year .... Beautiful city and you will most likely get some sun , but don't expect to be by the pool every day or on your balcony in the evening .. If your iPhone says rain/ cloud etc ... It turned out to be accurate for this week anyway ....we saw next week forecast and changed our flights but we had seen everything we wanted anyway.. Lots of excursions to fill the days....

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,205 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubrovnik Rain

Sorry to hear that you had to cut things short because of the weather..... thats too bad that you are in beautiful and historic Dubrovnik and can't really enjoy it!