We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for renting a vehicle that can fit 6 people for renting for 4 days from dubrovnik? So far it looks like it would be cheaper to rent two small cars instead of a single van - but perhaps I just don't know of any good deals for a van/minivan/etc?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,135 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

Do you have two people who would drive if you went with two cars? We usually get a van since we have quite a few people with us, but they are pretty spendy. I would keep checking different car renting companies to see if you can find a better price before going with the two cars. Where are you going from Dubrovnik?

Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

We plan to fly into Dubrovnik then immediately drive to Mostar, Kravice falls, Split, Zadar, Plitvice Falls, then to Zagreb airport over 4 days. Then we plan to fly from Zagreb back to Dubrovnik and spend two days in Dubrovnik (w/out a car) before flying back out of dubrovnik to home.

We do have 2+ people who are willing to drive, so if two cars end up being cheaper than a 6 seater, then we'll probably end up going that route - though we'd definitely rather not haha

(so far, we're seeing ~$210 for a 4 seater car for 4 days from Dubrovnik Airport -> Zagreb Airport from Budget via kayak.com)

Edited: 11:55 am, March 03, 2013
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,135 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

So you already have flights set to Dubrovnik to start the trip? To me it would have made more sense to fly into Zagreb, rent a car there and drive to Dubrovnik with all those stops on the way and then finish in Dubrovnik but if its something that can't be changed then so be it. We have always gotten the big nine passenger vans but there are pretty expensive and big on the road!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

I imagine part of your problem is leaving the vehicle at a different location - shouldn't be too prohibitive if airport to airport in my experience but perhaps the large vehicles are very rare.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

Rental company SIXT has vehicle for you. I have an American version of Opel Zafira (Chevrolet Venture) that seats 7. I am not sure if new Zafira can seat 7. But, even in those conditions, problem might be extra baggage. (cca 290 GBP per 4 days)

Otherwise, Opel Vivaro is available (about 50% more than Zafira) and it goes about 450 GBP for 4 days.

For about 1/2 of that amount you can get 2 times Opel Astra and have enough room for your baggage and 6 people.

You need to count 2 times all toll roads, bridges and probably at least 2 times more for a gas.

I would go with Zafira (check with rental company for number of seats) or with 2 cars, if you ask me.

6. Re: Where to rent a 6-person car (minivan/van/etc) for 4 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014