We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, England
Level Contributor
77 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

We (a couple in our 40s) are coming to Croatia in June for 7 days. This will be our first visit to the country. We arrive in Dubrovnik at midday on the Saturday and fly from Split early the following Sunday.

I have already booked a hotel for 2 nights in Dubrovnik and we are planning to go on from there to Korcula, Hvar, Split/Trogir. What I need to know is:

1) Is this a reasonable itinerary - could I reasonably include another destination?

2) What is the optimum amount of time to spend in each place? It looks as though one of the places could have 3 nights instead of the 2 in the others.

3) I expect that times of the ferries from: Dubrovnik to Korcula, Korcula to Hvar, Hvar to Split may have some bearing on Question 2. Is there only 1 ferry a day? Does anyone know times of departure and arrival?

4) Would it be desirable or a hindrance to hire a car?

Any answers gratefully received.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

I would not include another destination. You could always do a day trip form Hvar to Brac or Vis. Dubrovnik to Korcula you will need to take the bus or Korkyra shuttle. The bus leaves in the afternoon. The catamaran from Korcula town to Hvar town leaves at 6am. There are several catamarans and ferries between Hvar and Split. (Ferries leave from Stari Grad.) A hire car is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

I responded to the question on the Trogir forum. We did a very similar itinerary last May.

3. Re: Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 08, 2014