We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friendly Croatia

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Gay friendly Croatia

Hi

We are a gay couple coming to Croatia in July and need recommendations on accomadation and fun things to see and do while we are here. HELP PLEASE

Below is our intenary

Sarajevo--fly into 3 nights            20/7/13-23/7/13 Stay at Sarajevo 

Sarajevo-Zagreb  2nights             23/7/13-25/7/13 driving time 5-6 hours= flight

Zagreb-pula 2-nights.                      25/7/13-27/7/13. Driving time 3-1/2 hours 

Pula-zadar  1 night         27/7/13-28/7/13 driving time 4-1/2 hours= flight

see pasman 1 night.        28/7/13-29/7/13 (maybe)

Pasman - Trogir           29/7/13-31/7/13. 

Trogir - split 2 night                  31 /7/13-2/8/13 driving time 3 hours

Split -hvar. 4 nights                       2/8/13-6/8/13 ferry time 1-1/2 hours 

Hvar-dubrovnik   4nights            6/8/13-10/7/13

Any help of nice place to stay at any of these locations would be great. Thanks

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

No idea what your travel plan has to to do with intimate preferences. Being gay today is a mainstream.Almost.Two blokes on a holiday?Big deal.

Gay bars & beaches are another story.And in general Croatia is more gay neutral(izing) than friendly.

Edited: 6:33 pm, January 05, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

Thanks for ur post.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

In June 2012 Split had a Gay Pride March. Riot Police were present adn had a water cannon standing by but only briefly arrrested 40 people. This compares to 2011 when bottles and rocks were thrown at participants. However, Croatia is under scrutiny as it moves to join the EU and the authorities had pledged to secure the event as part of its commitment to gay and other human rights pre EU. These are tiny steps and clearly cultural shifts take a long time whether it is about sexual orientation or race (another issue in the Balkans). The previous year Serbia had cancelled gay pride due to extremist threats and 100s were injured on a march in 2010. It is my understanding that Bosnia and Montenegro have never held gay pride events. To be fair to Croatia it had its first march in Zagreb over 10 years ago. This is only a context and may mean absolutely nothing on your trip which I hope you enjoy greatly.

Warrington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

We too are a gay couple visiting in may and really looking forward to it. Have never been but umpteen ppl telling it's lovely. Me and my partner are not ott gay, don't walk about holding hands etc so I see no reason for any concern myself. I hope you enjoy your stay

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

Hi. Anyone know of nice apartment to stay in, in Ploce Dubrovnik. Must have sea views with balcony.

Thanks

16. Re: Gay friendly Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 18, 2014