We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

We are looking for a hotel with great sea views from room

and with easy access into Dubrovnik town.

Would appriciate Hotel recommendations, time of travel will be early May, adults only for a special occasion.

Also would like a good restaurant with stunning view.

Please advise

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Hotels Rixos Libertas, Palace and Bellevue have a great views.

Restaurant with stunning and food view is:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g295371-d1…

Or with ok food and best view: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g295371-d188…

Edited: 8:19 am, December 10, 2012
Gallatin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

I can only talk about another stunning location - not a hotel but an apartment with all that you mentioned in your question. There is easy access to Old Town, a close by restaurant with a stunning view. This past August, 2012, my wife and I stayed at the following rental dubrovnik-online.com/apartments_adriatic_sta… We rented Apartment 2. The owner Boris Vlahusic speaks English and was very accommodating. There is a restaurant about 75 feet down the steps from the apartment where we enjoyed the food, cold drinks, and a beautiful view of the harbor. The apartment has a patio in front with the same great harbor view. The main gate entrance to Old Town is a short 200 foot walk. There is a beach available about 150 feet away with a few night life clubs available to dance the night away. If you have an auto good luck as parking is almost not available – the owner, Boris, doesn’t even have a car. We arrived in a rental car and turned it back to the rental agency when we arrived in Dubrovnik and walked or took a bus for our means of transportation. We took the ferry over to Bari to continue our trip in Italy. We hope to return to Dubrovnik some day and will again stay at the Adriatic Star.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,551 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Radisson Blu has excellent sea views. Have a look at my photographs for further information :-

https:/…

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

If you are looking for private accommodation then there is really lot of apartments with great view: super-apartmani.hr/objekt/….UMdySeS8ao0

Durham
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

The Radisson won't suit the OP as it is too far from the Old Town. Villa Dubrovnik is a good choice if you want to push the boat out for a special occasion.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Villa Dubrovnik is a great option. It's on a beautiful street just by the sea and has fantastic views. Another good option is the Hotel Excelsior, but I would choose Villa Dubrovnik over the Excelsior if it was within my budget.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

I booked a room at Grand Villa Aregentina for September. Sea view with balcony and I'm very pleased.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Villa Argentina is a good choice!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

Another vote for Villa Argentina. We stayed there before the renovations and were very impressed by the situation, the views and the lovely gardens.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Dubrovnik Or Another Sea view Hotel?

I forgot to mention that Villa Argentina is only a few minutes walk from Dubrovnik Stari Grad - much, much nearer than Villa Dubrovnik.