We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving between dubrovnik and mostar

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
driving between dubrovnik and mostar

I wiil travelling to dubrovnik in late may/early june. Would anyone have any information regarding hiring a car and driving into bosnia. What are the roads like, are there problems at the border. Do you buy extra insurance at the car hire firm or can you get it at the border. Also if car hire is a problem are there any tour operators in dubrovnik that do packages into bosnia. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Suirsider...Ireland.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

You should have no problems with car hire and crossing into Bosnia or Montenegro. Other than delays sometimes you will have no problems either at the borders. Just make sure that you have your licence and passport and keep to the speed limits.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

Sorry,

I forgot to mention it but the tour operators do regular day trips to Mostar.

Also the roads are narrow but good.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
3. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

Thanks for that info Donalog. We may combine a tour with an agent like atlas travel in dubrovnik and maybe hire a car for a couple of days also.

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
4. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

we too are travelling about the same time,was about to hire a car through economy car rentals and noticed they wanted an xtra £89 for border crossing into bosnia and montenegro.

We are only planning a day trip to mostar and maybe a day to montenegro.

Staying dubrovnik area is this right.Do you need to pay this xtra?

What are the cars like from this company,seems very reasonable..

Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

If you're only planning a day in Mostar & a day in montenegro then I'd recommend you do an excursion with atlas travel. We went to Mostar with them & the guide was excellent & we wouldn't have seen half as much on our own. Not sure of cost but when we went 2 yrs ago it was about 40Eur p/p.

Dorset
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
6. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

Hi, looks like there are a few teachers heading to Dubrovnik at half term!?! I'll be there too...perhaps we'll all meet on the Atlas excusion to Mostar!!! Have any of you got your day trip to an island sorted out yet...if so let me know your thoughts.

Suzanne

London
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

A few of your have suggested day trips to Mostar and Kotor with Atlas Travel. Does anyone know if you need to book and pay for these day trips in advance, particularly during peak tourist season (July/August) or whether you can just turn up on the day/book when you get to Dubrovnik?

8. Re: driving between dubrovnik and mostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 13, 2009