We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cilipi Folk Dance - Best Free Entertainment Ever ???

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Cilipi Folk Dance - Best Free Entertainment Ever ???

My wife and I have just returned to the UK after our first ever visit to Croatia. Most certainly not the last. Loved, loved, loved everything about the country. But the highlight has to be the hour long exhibition of Konalve folk dancing, music and singing that takes place on Sundays at 11am outside St Nicolas Church, Cilipi. Mass is at 10am and the show outside starts shortly after. It is mesmerising watching the dancers in their colourful costumes. There is no charge but there are a few stalls selling local craftware but no one is obliged to buy anything.

It's hard to believe that in the "Things To Do" section on both Dubrovnik and Cavtat there is no mention of this event at all.

A wonderful morning and is highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cilipi Folk Dance - Best Free Entertainment Ever ???

I've been in Cilipi in1993 when in entire Cilipi lived one woman and her child. Everything was burned and inside church was restroom for Serbian soldiers.

I am glad they fix it back in life.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cilipi Folk Dance - Best Free Entertainment Ever ???

I can assure you it is well "fixed". Cilipi appears to be a very lively but small community. I believe many locals are employed at the nearby Dubrovnik Airport and it is so hard to believe how badly people were affected by the war and so recent too. Everywhere we went on the Dalmatian coast there are the odd reminders of the war such as along the main highway from Cilipi towards the Montenegro border there is an abandoned home with many small craters in the wall obviously made by high velocity ammo. I pray to God that the whole region remains peaceful.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik, Croatia
3. Re: Cilipi Folk Dance - Best Free Entertainment Ever ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 14, 2013