We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Washington...
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

Just wanted to say that Pepo Klaic was a fantastic tour guide. We spent a delightful day with him as he took us to Mostar. His knowledge, easy going manner and good conversation kept our interest. He was delightful. Thank you Pepo!!

1. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:05 am, September 15, 2011
2. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:04 am, September 15, 2011
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

Yes, you can Pipi:

You have to be logged in, click on "report inappropriate content" and option "remove my post" will appear.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

Tnx!

Bryn Mawr, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

WE will be in Dubrovnik for one day with cruise. How can we locate Pepo to use as a guide?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,343 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

I suggest you send a private message to the original poster.

7. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:36 pm, November 16, 2011
Kaiserslautern...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

My day trip to Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina from Dubrovnik was one of the highlights of my trip to the Adriatic Coast. I thoroughly enjoyed the history, the scenery and the time I spent with Pepo. He provided a broad insight into the everyday lives of those who call this area of Europe home, he pointed out interesting sights along the drive that appealed to my love of history and provided suggestions for a future return trip to the area. I appreciated his easy-going style and found it incredibly easy to talk with him about the area’s history and culture. By the end of the day, I felt as if I had made a Croatian friend.

I learned of Pepo from the Rick Steves “Croatia and Slovenia” guidebook (2010) and would highly recommend his services while on holiday in the Dubrovnik area. I would book him again (if he is available, as I understand he is quite in demand during the high season). In addition to the day trip to Mostar, I booked him for roundtrip airport transfers and would do so again. The more I travel, the more I come to the realization that hiring a local, private guide is much more rewarding than taking a large package/group tour, or a bus tour with commentary in 15 languages or trying to figure out everything on my own, especially as a single traveler!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

I'll second what's already been said here -- Pepo Klaic was a fantastic guide!

Like the poster above, I also learned about him through the Rick Steves guidebook and he definitely lived up to Rick's review.

We booked Pepo for 2 daytrips:

(1) Montenegro: He started by driving us up to the top of the mountain for the cable-car view back onto the Old City. Pepo fought in the war, so shared lots of personal reflections and history about the siege -- we learned quite a bit about the city's history while he pointed out different sights from the mountain top. Incredible views. Then we drove into Montenegro to visit the Bay of Kotor. The scenery was gorgeous and the boat trip to the two islands in the Kotor Bay was especially memorable.

(2) Bosnia: The next day, we traveled to Mostar which has to be one of the most fascinating places we've ever been. While the main reason we hired a guide was because we didn't want to have to rent a car & try to navigate, I really think we wouldn't have gotten nearly as much out of our trip if we hadn't had Pepo's commentary. Especially in Mostar, Pepo really helped us understand the complex social, political, and economical factors that had and were continuing to shape the city. He also tried to present a fair & balanced perspective -- we appreciated his honesty and his candor.

Plus, Pepo was a very nice & friendly guy. We did quite a bit of driving together and conversation always flowed nicely. I'd strongly recommend him.

His contact information: pepoklaic at yahoo.com

10. Re: Private Tour guide Dubrovnik!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 29, 2012