We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Here are a few questions:

1. What ferry company would you recommend booking with?

2. What cabin type would you recommend for a couple? Is a shower necessary or just a toilet?

3. As we can not board our cruise in Dubrovnik until 2pm is there somewhere at the terminal we can securely leave our luggage while we explore the city?

Thank you in advance.

102 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

We plan to travel by Ferry Bari to Dubrovnik around the 26 of April what ferry lines would you recommend and how do we book the ticket. Do the ferry operate at this time. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Any idea of the cost of the ferry from bari to Dubrovnik?

Bari
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

You can book the ticket here: www.jadrolinija.hr , also there is a price list on the site( euros). You'll get a 20 % discount ( for the return trip) if choose to book a round trip ticket. When you pay by credit card, the price is expressed in kuna ( local croation currency) but the equivalent in euros.

My experience: for a couple with cabin CB2 , car, dinner on the way to Dubrovnik and Arm-chairs and car on the way back to Bari : 460 euros, travelling May 25th-June 2nd 2013.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Hi Guys! There's been some really helpful posts on this! Sounds like it's a nightmare but a nightmare worth the trouble none the less.

is there any other option for Bari to Dubrovnik with a van besides www.jadrolinija.hr ? My boyfriend and I are going on a roadtrip through June/July and would like to get across the Adriatic one way or another with the T4.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

What station should I chose when booking/buying a train ticket to Bari?? Bari Centrale?

I am taking the ferry to Dubrovnik.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Yep. You'll have to take a taxi to the port.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

We just paid 114 each for a 2 person cabin w shower one way.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Ok,

We finally got tickets for a Tuesday sailing from Bari to Dubrovnik. It was a nightmare though and don't bother asking port staff. They don't know and misinformed us.

First up, there are NO ferries on a Monday.

It seems the only company that sail are Jadrolinija. No Azzura anymore and SNAV don't go from here. We just bought one-way tickets last minute no problem. 2 person cabin for 114€ each.

Ticket office opens at the port building @ 6pm. If you bought online you can pick up your tickets there too. You will need your passport.. No need to shuttle bus to some other part of the port.

Boarding starts from 630pm (despite what it may say on your per booked form). Last boarding is 9pm. Ferry leaves at 10pm. Gets in at 7am.

Allegedly you can store bags at the port, but we never tried so don't know for sure.

We got stuck in Bari for a day, but the old town is super cute and worthy of a wander, if you like that kind of thing of course.. Right by the port too, just across the road.

We ended up staying at Templi B&B by the Castle. Think they're a restaurant that have just started up as a BnB. Gorgeous little grotto if you too get stuck and all the B&Bs are booked. The lovely one-toothed man at the port helped us out there. Ask him, he's got Templi's number.

Bath, United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

I just wanted to share a few experiences of my husband and I in taking the Bari to Dubrovnik ferry this summer (July 2013):

- We flew into Bari airport and then needed to travel by public transport to the ferry port. The tourist information at the airport were very helpful and directed us to a bus from outside of the terminal which went to the central railway station in Bari (4 Euros each).

- We then took a bus from the railway station to the ferry port (I am afraid I do not recall the number but the tourist information were happy to inform us).

- On arrival at the ferry port be careful where you get off the bus. There are two large buildings which look a bit like ferry terminals (we got off at the wrong one). One is a blue coloured building some way into the ferry port, the other is more of a silver colour and has a sheltered area outside the front of the building with a roof. The latter is the one you want and is the second of the drop offs in the ferry port.

- If, like us, you have several hours or more to spend before the ferry departs then you will probably want to leave your luggage in left luggage. This is outside the ferry terminal building but right next door. It has a sign with the opening hours which are 0800-1200 and 1600-2200. However, be aware that the staff are somewhat relaxed about opening hours and we found it was not really open until about 1645. It cost 8 Euros for two bags.

- We were unsure about getting the tickets given everything we have read although our experience was reasonably positive. We went to the Jadrolinja ferry desk at around 1800 to check about how to get the bus to collect our tickets as we had read online. We saw a sign on the office window which said about the bus. However, we were told by the lady behind the desk that because we were foot passengers we did not need to do this and she could print our tickets there and then. We explained that this did not seem to be what the sign was saying and there was no explanation offered. However, we happily left with our tickets.

- We then spent a couple of hours wandering round Bari old town. I would recommend bringing a map of the old town. We found the Basilica St Nicholas particularly interesting.

- We were able to board from 2100. We booked a cabin and a meal. The dinner was good and involved more courses than we could have imagined!

I hope this helps anyone planning to make the journey. We would definately recommend it and found it a great way to travel!

2 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

how much was the overnight ferry. im looking to use the same company and follow the same route. im not planning on going until may and cant find any prices for 2014

Reply to: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted