We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in croatia in early june

Delaware
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
5 days in croatia in early june

we have about days in early june 2011 and would like to spend the majority of that time relaxing on the beach. any suggestions on lodging or which beaches we should focus on? also any other part of croatia we should include into our trip. all thoughts are welcmed! thanks for your time!

Edited: 8:20 am, November 13, 2010
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,742 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

Not sure what other things you will be looking for other than the beach, but you could take a look at http://croatia-beaches.com/ to see if anything interests you there. Then you could come back and ask us any other questions that come to mind. If you are looking for sandy beaches they are at a minimum. I never thought I would like rocky beaches but it sure makes the water crystal clear and I have no problem with them now.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

If you plan to stay in Dubrovnik and want to be close to beaches then Lapad would probably be best. If you would prefer to also be close to the Old Town then you can go to Banje beach. But, you won't find sandy beaches in Dubrovnik. For nicer beaches (but fewer restaurants and minimal nightlife) you might want to consider the Elaphiti islands. Great beaches, restaurants, and nightlife can be found in Hvar, but it's a longway from Dubrovnik if that's where you plan to visit first.

Mentioned in this post
Lapad
Lapad
959 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Banje Beach
Banje Beach
430 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Sibenik, Croatia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

If you are looking for peace and quiet, without cars or any kind of civilisation I would recommend you an island Prvic, in vilage Sepurine there are great beaches, and you can book a room in hotel or an apartment, if you are ok with hotel resorts Solaris in Sibenik has great beches also! If you prefer wild beaches, islands or surroundings of town Sibenik is great! I live there so I know :))

Mentioned in this post
Sibenik
Sibenik
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

I would recommend heading up the coast to the Makarska Riviera - Baska Voda or Brela are great towns. Great beaches there (not sandy) - plenty of accommodation options - both apartments and hotels, a great hotel I've stayed at was Marco Polo in Gradac which was right on the waterfront.

Mentioned in this post
Makarska
Makarska
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Brela
Brela
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

baches in pula-zlatne stijene (golden rocks) are just charming.

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

zadar could be a good choice...nice beach, wonderful trip to kornati islands, nice town full of history and live...

Herceg-Novi...
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

Spend some time in dubrovnik and then go to kotor (montenegro)

Murter Island...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

As you can see by lots of different answers, asking for a nice beach in Croatia is like asking for sand in a desert. Details are required ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,742 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

I like the suggestion of the Zadar area...maybe look into the beaches at Nin which would keep you very close to Zadar, which is really nice.

Mentioned in this post
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 days in croatia in early june

I am planning a 5 days trip in croatia in mid-november and would like to travel to Dubrovnik and Mostar from Zagreb. Can you help to suggest an ideal itinery?

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Mostar
Mostar
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia