We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

London, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
4 reviews
Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

I'd appreciate a bit of advice about some driving day trips I am planning whilslt staying in Dubrovnik in early September, Be grateful if anyone can help on the following:

When driving to Montenegro and Mostar, is traffic generally lighter during the week or at weekends?

How long am I likely to have to queue at the border to get into Bosnia and Montenegro?

Many thanks

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
1. Re: Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

Generally driving trips are better during the week. Early September will still be busy here, and there is no way to tell you how busy the boarder crossing will take. Last time I drove to Bosnia, they waved us through very quickly. It all depends on traffic and the boarder guards.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
743 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

The traffic towards Bosnia Herzegovina is not very congested, we sometimes encounter long queues on Montenegro border crossing. Therefore as a day trip by car the easiest is to Mostar or Peljesac-Korcula day trip which could be very interesting for you.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

As DubrovnikTravelLady says, driving trips are generally better during the week. The borders sometimes back up a bit on Sundays when locals cross the borders a lot for family gatherings or trips to the beach.

4. Re: Driving day trips from Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2011