We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
safety

I am looking for a hotel in old town dubrovnik, but since my trip is last minute, few availabioloities first week of august. I was told to look into apartments. Are apartments safe in Croatia? We are 27 yr ikd 3 girls.

Best Seller
Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
393 Reviews
from $32.90*
Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
777 Reviews
from $58.61*
Best Seller
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
179 Reviews
from $58.70*
Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

Apartments are very safe in Croatia as is the country itself - you will have no problems whatsoever

Have a good trip !

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safety

There are no hotels inside of the old town. Most of them are just outside of the city walls. If you want to be inside the walls, then by all means a self catering apartment would be your best bet. I can highly recommend a reliable company here, run by an American couple who have been living here for several years. They personally inspect all their units and know what area is good for you. August is very, very high season and I am not surprised that you're having difficulty finding accommodations. Check out this website:

www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,085 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety

I also say that you would not have to worry about your safety in an apartment in Dubrovnik.

ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: safety

Thanks for your advise. I dont specifically need to stay inside the walls of the old town, but we do want to be near the restaurants/nightlife. Is there a specific area i should look in?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety

Croatia is so safe, it will amaze you.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,085 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: safety

Stay in the Ploce area if possible. Close enough to the Old Town and hopefully they will have a terrace to look out at the Old Town walls.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safety

that would be simply angelic apartments...great view and quiet and safe.

8. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, December 05, 2010